Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc Mocks

Options
  • 05-02-2006 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

anyone know whats comin up? i heard there was essay on nazi propaganda and in the irish section cumann na ngaedhal economic policy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cdak68

Unfortunately I have no idea. Mine isn't until next Friday. When's yours?
    Hopefully the questions will be similar to those in the sample paper.
    I take it you're talking about higher level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Nazi Propaganda would be sweet, but sure History isnt too bad as the selection of questions you get are great.
    Mine isnt on until after Midterm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

im doin higher level. mine isnt till monday. it seems all my mocks are after urs. let me know what essays came up in democracy and dictatorship, sovereignty and independence and the document question. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 foogirl

the treaty negotiations,ulster reaction to the third home rule bill,montgomery bus boycott.stalin,mussolini,how the mass media helped germany and britain gain support in wwii and the 1885-1886 elections on the document came up on my paper;Thats all i can rem....could be different tho!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Shards

Has anyone else have anything different? My exams tomorrow along with English Pper 2 and I haven't started studying. is mussolini definitly coming up? was this his domestic policy by any chance? does anybody know if imerialism or bismarck came up?
    PLEASE!

• Advertisement

what exactly was the mussolini and stalin q about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cdak68

hey Shards, how did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I might have the same paper as you, as a friend was questioning the teacher about different topics and when she asked about the Treaty, she just smiled..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭curtains

foogirl wrote:
    the treaty negotiations,ulster reaction to the third home rule bill,montgomery bus boycott.stalin,mussolini,how the mass media helped germany and britain gain support in wwii and the 1885-1886 elections on the document came up on my paper;Thats all i can rem....could be different tho!!!

i guess we're getting the same paper as you, seeing as our teacher's hinted at everything you've mentioned there....except the nation sates 1870-1920 question which he just said was by far the hardest and shed no more light on it. i'm guessing you didn't do that topic but do you (or anyone else) fancy mentioning what came up on it?

(and btw did there happen to be a question onthe economic conditions which facilitated the nazi's rsie to power?)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

ya the economics question came up and it was a pretty nice one too.The question on Stalin was about his Show Trials and Mussolinis government i think,but the last one could be wrong,i cant remember.the 1870-1920 section had the industrialisation of germany and the whole new imperialism thing.hope that helps

• Advertisement

cdak - what came up on ur paper? was the q on the economic conditiions that led to rise of nazis on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

wouldnt it be great if it was full of questions on russia :D
    highly doubt it though... and mos tother people wouldn't like it..

Mine isnt till the 3rd march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Rockerette wrote:
    wouldnt it be great if it was full of questions on russia :D
    highly doubt it though... and mos tother people wouldn't like it..

I would love that :D Most people do seem to dislike Russia though.

If Cumann na nGaedhal come up it would be very nice also since it's pretty much the only Irish history I've studied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

My History mock is on Wednesday 22nd. I'm not too worried about it. My teacher told us that what came up on the sample paper will NOT appear on the mock paper. The description Foogirl gave seems to be quite accurate based on what my class was told.

* The 1885-86 elections seems definite.
    * The case studies that didn't appear on the sample paper will most likely appear as essays i.e. the Treaty negotiations
    * Wilhelm didn't appear on the sample paper, so there's a chance his naval policy or something to do with him will come up.

That's all I know. Good luck to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BECA-FAIRY

ne one get any hints..i am screwed!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

its business and i have three words for ya ...bluff bluff bluff

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

please categorize your paper under the following headings:

Subject:
    Paper number:
    Level:

e.g.
    Maths
    Paper two
    Higher

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

DEB paper:
    Physics.
    question 1 was on conservation of mom, 2 was on real depth & apparent depth, 3 was fusion of ice, 4 was variation of resistance with temperature.6 was archimedes principle and law of flotation and upthrust and stuff like that, 7 was on sound and waves, fundamental frequency and harmonics, 8 was on capacitance and circuits and stuff, 9 was photoelectric effect and x-rays and photocathodes, 10 was the option, 11 was magnets and 12a was newtons gravitation and circular motion, b was light, c was semiconductors and d was radioactivity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BECA-FAIRY

iv three words for u...drink drink drink and u wont hav ne brain cells left to bluff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I would really really appreciate it if somebody could tell me what poets are coming up in English Paper 2. Any hints on the Comparative and Othello question would also be greatly appreciated.

Edit: nevermind, found it here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Ive done most of my mocks by now so feel free to PM me and ask is something on it. (DEBS)

Subject: English
    Paper number: 1
    Level: HL
    Hints: theme is "sense of occasion"
    One of the (B) questions asks you to writee the text of a short talk for local radio on a significant occasion in you life. Composing: "the air was electric" write a short story suggested by these words.

Subject: English
    Paper number: 2
    Hints: Comparative, theme/isse or literary genre. Poetry: Mahon and Rich. Othello: Study Iago

Subject: Business
    Level:HL
    Hints: Short Qs:principles of insurance & ratios
    Long Qs: National agreements, consumer information act, legislative & non legislative ways solving disputes are all on Q1. Dont Study: Equality act or discrim act of industrization acts, dont come up

Subject: Irish
    Level: OL
    Paper 1
    Hints: Litir, letter to friend, driving lessons....
    Scéal, on luas fire birgade is heading towards you....
    Problems on underage drinking in ireland....

Subject: History
    Hints: cultural revival, parnell & HR, Stalin and show trials/purges, sinn fein 1918

Subject: Maths
    Paper: 1
    Hints: Diff. by first prin...asymptotes......turning points & points of inflection.......area enclosed between curve and x axis

If you like a particular part of something, say Davitt in history, PM me and ask if it comes up. (Davitt doesnt btw)

Anyone have any hints for maths and irish paper 2 or geography?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bonj15

Business-
    Short Qs
    1-Initals eg ROI,IRO,PLC,PAYE
    2-Labour Relations Commis-2 functions
    3-average clause work out figures
    4-empowerment
    5-acid-test
    6-memo about teamwork
    7-4 EU Policies
    8-Global Business
    9-
    10-

ABQ-
    1-2 Types of expansion
    2-Benefits of turning to a public limited company
    3-Benefits of going to a euro/world market

Long Q
    Part 1
    1-Relationship between intrest groups nd business
    2-2 things trade unions do 4 members
    3-Evaluate Equality Act 1998 (25m)
    Q2
    1-How business change the irish economy
    2-Franchising/benefits
    3-Privitisation benefits
    Q3
    Not too sure skipped it!sorry
    Econmy?
    EU Legislation?
    Impact of Transnationals
    Somerthing all them lines

Part2
    1-Management skills and setting up a new business
    2-Communications(Define) nd benefits of ICT ina business
    3-Control Define-2 Types(eg Quality Stock etc)

Q2
    Didnt do it but on the lines of
    3 Insurance Principles
    Not sure of part (ii)
    Technolgy(Bus Costs nd personell)

Q3
    Didnt go near it it looked tough had something on it along de lines of
    5 Func Of HR Mangement
    Talk about debt/equity ratio
    ???(iii)
    Q4
    Outline 3 Internal sources of new product ideas
    Break Even Chart(act easy suprisingly!)
    If selling price changed to 90e what effect would it have

Sri i couldnt think of any more

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭pjjk90

DEB r Examcraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

That was examcraft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 InVikingWeTrust

how do u find out what company makes them?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

how do u find out what company makes them?

if u read posts carefully u ll find out.. it has been mentioned for about 1000 times now :(

Yuugib wrote: »
    if u read posts carefully u ll find out.. it has been mentioned for about 1000 times now :(
    Yeah iv since found out thanks!!!

do excuse my ignorance but i only just found this site while lookin for níl aon ní stuff for paper 2 tommorow all sorted now tho!!!:D:D

but the guilt is creeping in already.................oh well!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 springfield

anybody Done Biology Yet???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leek

Can anyone link me to maths paper 1 and 2? and also more than one person clarify that this came up in there exam, cause im worried that im gonna study this and another paper i get haha wb cheers

• Advertisement

anyone wanna give a more indept analysis of the honours business paper please???:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement