Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Ipod Touch to connect to internet.

• 20-02-2008 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hey
    I got an ipod touch but can't seem to access the internet on campus.
    I have tried in the arts block and although in the settings it says it is connect when I go to actually use the safari internet explorer thingy it says safari not connected.

Does anyone on here use their ipod touch in Maynooth? Is their anything more I can do?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

yeah i use my in there but you'll need to either jailbreak it first or have the software upgrade i.e. Mail, Weather, etc.

You have to go to Settings>Network>VPN and configure that with:
    Server Name: NUIMWireless
    Username: (Student account)
    Password: (Student Password)

and then set the proxy address of Safari to Auto and enter: http://proxy.nuim.ie:8010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

settings from my iphone :

under vpn settings :

type : PPTP
    Server : nuimwireless
    account : <student number>
    RSA SecurID : off
    password : your moodle password
    Encryption level : auto
    send all traffic : on

Proxy : Auto
    http://proxy.nuim.ie:8010

connect over wifi to nuimwireless then turn the vpn slider in settings to on, it will connect and safari will work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

I can't get to the settings>network part. Do you mean settings>wifi? but then there's no option for vpn. we need the details for either, dhcp, bootP or static.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

banquo its under settings>general>network>vpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

banquo wrote: »
    I can't get to the settings>network part. Do you mean settings>wifi? but then there's no option for vpn. we need the details for either, dhcp, bootP or static.

Do you have the Mail app on your iPod cause you need this to have the network option in settings?

• Advertisement

Aha! Nope. Do I have to get the new package of the iphone apps to get the mail one?

maybe when the hacked 114 versionis out i'll have it.

got it. connected. thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭bellg124

Hi guys does anyone know how to set up the mail application in their iPhone 3g to receive mail from myce.nuim.ie. Rather than using safari to access it via the website. Cheers. Phil

i do, but it's too much trouble to explain over t'internet.

PM when college starts again and i'll set it up for you. meet you in arts block or something.

Advertisement