Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quark Express & DTP

Options
  • 20-02-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me. I've been noticing with a couple of jobs that I have been interested in that knowing Quark is looked on favourably.

As someone who has never used it before, ever, would anyone here be able to outline what would be involved in becoming relatively proficient at it.

Is it an application one could buy and then self-teach or is it so difficult that it would require months of teaching?

Also, in the area of desk top publishing, what other applications are the main ones to know & are there any good courses out there that would cover them in a relatively short time frame? Ideally, but not neccessarily ones that I could work around?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

you can buy it here http://www.axonware.ie/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=223
    i did a course in it years ago when i was pc illiterate so i needed to be taught from scratch but if you are any way savvy around pc's and have a book you should be able to pick it up
    people on here with more experience or in the business should be able to guide you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Quark up was always the preferred choice of Graphic Designers and printers. However InDesign is now becoming very popular. InDesign would be easier to pick up especially if you have any knowledge of other adobe programmes such as Photoshop. As regards Quark, it is a very expensive package to purchase. Better off doing some kind of course before deciding to purchase it. Best of luck

Advertisement