Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL Aren't Perfect... Right?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

I have gotten several emails from an online shop I recently purchased from saying they delivered 2 items instead of one by mistake (one was supposed to go to spain apperently).

I told them I only recieved and signed for one but he emailed me again with a screenshot of a DHL tracking page showing 2 items being signed for.

I only signed once, I only recieved one item.

I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do. I have explained this to the sales contact in the shop but he doesn't seem to understand that I only recieved one item! DHL keep telling him they gave me 2 when this is obviously not the case.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to sort this problem out?

Thanks,
    Krsnik

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This sorta smells a bit like a scam to me. What's the online shop? Do they have a phone number? Give them a call.

If you didn't get it then you didn't bloody well get it. Have you tried calling DHL?

Did a neighbor or family member sign for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

www.tablaman.co.uk

I doubt it is a scam more of an honest mistake. I have been talking to the shop via email and have yet to contact dhl on the matter. My dad was the one that signed for it but I was right beside him when he was signing for the package.

I suppose the smart thing would be to contact dhl but the fact they are insisting 2 items were delivered I don't expect to here anything different from them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

clear something up for me. Are they saying that two parcels were delivered to you or was it 2 items in one parcel.

2 seperate parcels, I had bought a sitar and they are huge, something pretty hard to miss imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Krsnik87 wrote: »
    I have gotten several emails from an online shop I recently purchased from saying they delivered 2 items instead of one by mistake (one was supposed to go to spain apperently).

I told them I only recieved and signed for one but he emailed me again with a screenshot of a DHL tracking page showing 2 items being signed for.

I only signed once, I only recieved one item.

I'm at a loss as to what I am supposed to do. I have explained this to the sales contact in the shop but he doesn't seem to understand that I only recieved one item! DHL keep telling him they gave me 2 when this is obviously not the case.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to sort this problem out?

Thanks,
    Krsnik

If the DHL documents shows you signed for 2 boxes it doesn't mater what you say, you should always read what you are signing, you have signed for 2 even if you didn't recieve them. There doesn't have to be 2 lines for 2 boxes they can both be on the same line. If the DHL document says 1 item you are OK, if it says 2 then your going to have to go on the good will of the shop to let you off.

Your best bet is to contact DHL and see if they can trace the 2nd box throught their system. The chances of items bound for Spain and Ireland shipping the whole way together is low I'd say.

• Advertisement

Yeah I thought as much, well anyway I think I've learned a good lesson here... I'll contact DHL in the morning and see what can be done.

Thanks for the help all :)

Advertisement