Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing / Accessing Dinette Seat Belt

• 20-02-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a problem with my front facing dinette inertia reels on a 2000 German import Dethleffs 5880. I would feel safer replacing them, but they appear to be behind a panel which goes to the floor of the van.

Has anyone ever done this before, and if so:
    • Do I have to remove the full bench seat?
    • Does the metal cross brace have to be removed?
    • Is it an easy job?
    • Where can I buy inertia-reels to replace the existing ones?

Any help would be appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've only ever installed a rear facing lap belt so not sure about your setup. It should be accesable without removing the base, might be a bit tight to squeez in but it should be only 2-3 bolts to undo. As reguards getting replacment I'd suggest a scrap yard or place that converts vehicles to commercial, They usually disgard seats, seatbelts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Thanks Stapeler, but another contact tells me it is a full rip-out in my case - aaaaggghhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Any chance of a photo or two. Might give a better idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Lots of pics please

I'm adding a fwd seat belt to mine, You can get one of those reels in a motorfactors, even a breakers, but usually the've been tested...

Simple as Pi, with the correct tools & the knowledge!

Take away bench seat & cushions & show us the frame & the anchor points, if possible.

I'll post picks of mine hopefull tomorrow!

We've decided to leve it for now - it's a long job and I don't have a free day to tackle it. One day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Kiddies have gone walkabout with camera... :(

Called to Motor factors, Belt mechanism, etc he recons €70ish.. I'll know more Tuesday.

Thanks KoNiT. Darn kids - you can never be up to them.

Advertisement