Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amy Winehouse?

• 20-02-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Is she off the gear or what is the story with her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I thought she looked fine, couple of drinks but I'd say thats about it. More worried bout Kylie. Really begining to look her age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I only saw it from Mark Ronson on... that bleeding vic reeves does my head in.. Ass Hole of the highest order..

Ahh I hope so, She is a great artist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 MyDseMkesAngels

If Amy Winehouse is the question then the only answer I can give is

No.

If Amy Winehouse is the question then the only answer I can give is

No.
    why you say no?

• Advertisement

No, no, no.

I don't like Amy Crackhouse. If she is the question, my anser is "no".

if anyone else would like to contribute to this thread please do not be put off by MyDseMkesAngels

Yes, anyone out there with an opinion, please do not be put off by the fact that there are people out there who do not share your opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I hope she is clean. She is a very talented singer / songwriter. Admitedly not to everyones taste but does she and every other person stuggling with addiction issues not deserve a chance?

she may turn out to be a real anti drug campaigner down the road....ya never can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

It's amazing to look at photos of her now, and ones of only a few weeks ago. The difference is phenomenal. Even if you dont like Amy Winehouse, it's hard not to admit that she is talented. Her voice is spectacular. I thought she was great tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

A fan of her music!! Hope she is better but i couldnt help thinkin she was dying for wee on stage at da brits!! What was all dat crazy wriggling for! She sounded a bit bored as she was singin as well!!
    In farirness though its only been two weeks so fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

i dont like Amy Winehouse.

i think she looked awful last night and yes what was with all that wriggling on stage last night.

I think she looked very nervous.

yeah she looked terrified!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

I like Amy's music and she is very talented but last night at the Brits she looked and acted like she needed the toilet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

The wriggling is her stagefright/insecurity, quite like Chan Marshal really.

I love AW, hopefully she IS off the drugs but I don't have faith in 3 week wonder cures in fairness, she needs to cut ALOT of people out of her life, including her husband I'm sorry but didn't he OD in PRISON recently? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Source NW
    A London hotel has revealed that Amy Winehouse has caused £3,000 worth of damage to the room she has been living in for two weeks.

Since Amy arrived she has refused to let cleaners enter her room and after she left for the Brit Awards the management discovered the extensive damage she had caused. There was alcohol spilled everywhere, damaging the wooden floors, cigarette butts and burns along with general debris and dirt. The bath was said to be filthy from her hair dye and clogged with hair from her beehive, gross!

After a widely acclaimed performance at the Brits (we still think it was pretty crap) Amy yesterday spent two hours at Pentonville Prison with her husband Blake. The two were having crisis talks after friends and family piled on the pressure for the singer to dump Blake as soon as possible.

A source revealed, 'She was in tears as she spoke to Blake. He kept putting his hand on his forehead and it looked as though he was crying too. It was a very tense conversation.'

Poor Amy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I like the girl, and was looking forward to seeing her at the Brits, but felt almost uncomfortable watching it, like watching a rabbit about to be shot, she was wriggling and squirming, and looking for what looked like approval from the band...I just don't know....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Why is she performing in such a state? It would be wise for her to just sort herself out in rehab for a few months and come back when she feels up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

She was absolutely appalling at the Brits. She was definitely on something or pretty drunk!
    She didn't sing in time to the music or in tune at times. Compared to her performance on the Grammies it was very, very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Gear, I didn't know she done heroin?

But still, she looked great in the video for Valerie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes, she was injecting heroin into her toes - so there'd be no track marks on her arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

FunkZ wrote: »
    Gear, I didn't know she done heroin?

But still, she looked great in the video for Valerie.

She wasn't in the video for Valerie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Linku wrote: »

I thought she came in at the end of the video?

In fact, isn't that here in it from the start?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_xYIxUTE0&feature=related
    (embed is disabled for this video)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I can not stand her, ugly talentless hack.. ok fair enough she has some talent but like Oasis, i turn off the radio or change channels as soon as they come on... I simply can not stand either of them..

Linku wrote: »

Wrong! *Presses reject button*
    xebec wrote: »

Thank you xebec! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

xebec wrote: »

Thats not her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Source NWDaily
    It seems the last few weeks chaotic whirlwind of parties, performances and awards have taken their toll on Amy Winehouse once again after she was spottedout looking dishevelled with cuts on her arms and bruised knuckles.

The singer was thought to be doing really well after leaving rehab but close friends now say she's back to her worst and has returned to her old ways since leaving the clinic.

A friend said, 'Amy's in an awful state again- she's clearly on drugs...Everyone who's seen her in the last week or so has been really disturbed by the state she's in.'

Even her husband Blake is concerned and has threatened to ban her from visiting him while he suspects she's still taking drugs.

She needs to go to REHAB now now now

whos been a naughty girl then!!!

Source NWDaily

She needs to go to REHAB now now now

No-oh. No-oh. No!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭do you love it?

love her or hate her, she is a fantastic artist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

love her or hate her, she is a fantastic artist

No she isnt,she's a one trick pony and a flash in the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Degsy wrote: »
    No she isnt,she's a one trick pony and a flash in the pan.

Jumpin the gun there again Degsy. Bit too early to judge her as a one trick pony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

She's an attention whore.

Amazingly she walks around in the cold wearing hardly any clothes trying to look as ****ed as possible.

It's the usual story by celebs to keep themselves in the papers.

I wish journalists would point this out and talk about how pathetic it is.

Another thing... she's just copying old soul music. She is not original at all. People need to stop talking about her being some kind of genius. She's the Oasis of soul, that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Source Digital Spy
    Amy Winehouse used her appearance at Nelson Mandela's 90th birthday concert to beg for the freedom of her jailed husband Blake Fielder-Civil.

Performing the song 'Free Nelson Mandela' at the gig last night, the troubled star changed the lyrics to issue her plea: "Free Blakey my fella".

Fielder-Civil is expected to be sentenced within weeks after admitting to charges of perverting the course of justice and GBH.

Meanwhile, Amy has experienced further troubles of her own recently after being hospitalised with the early stages of lung condition emphysema.

Speaking to Fearne Cotton, who hosted ITV's coverage of last night's event, Winehouse explained: "I've been in hospital, as an in-patient. I'm going back after, I came out for this."

The start of the Free Blake Campaign

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Source SundayMirror

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2008/06/29/video-amy-winehouse-tries-to-punch-fan-at-glastonbury-98487-20625580/
    Amy Winehouse made a chaotic appearance at Glastonbury last night - spitting chewing gum at the crowd, rambling incoherently and attempting to punch one fan.
    The 24-year-old singer, who left a private London clinic where she is being treated for the lung disease emphysema, looked confused and unsteady on her feet as she sang for the 170,000-strong crowd.
    She was lifted down from the stage by a backing singer to greet the crowd. But as one over-eager fan grabbed her hand, she responded by throwing a punch.
    An onlooker said: "Amy had a hand out into the crowd and someone must have grabbed her and hurt her. And she responded by throwing a punch. She looked frail and out of it. She was slurring her words badly.
    "As she began to sing her hit song Rehab she had to stop the band and start again because she missed her cue. It was a shambles."
    Earlier the star, wearing a blue sequinned dress and with cocktail umbrellas in her trademark beehive, spat gum at the audience, telling them: "I don't get out much."
    Announcing her hit Back to Black - a song about how hubby Blake Fielder-Civil cheated on her - she spoke about how she loved him. She said: "This is a song I wrote when I never thought I would see him again anyway."
    Amy, who was performing on the festival's main Pyramid stage, went on to pour her heart out about her pain at being separated from Blake, now awaiting sentence for perverting justice and GBH. "He laughs at me," she said. "I thought I'd die with the man. I love him."
    Things keep getting worse for her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

She can bust him out of the slammer concealed in her beehive:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

She is going to be made into wax in Maddame Tussaudes in London..Great news:rolleyes: I assume she will be in the room with the musicians..Might try and avoid that next time im there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

callaway92 wrote: »
    She is going to be made into wax in Maddame Tussaudes in London..Great news:rolleyes: I assume she will be in the room with the musicians..Might try and avoid that next time im there..

House of horrors more like!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

She's still alive?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I saw the Glastonbury performance on TV, it was unfortable viewing. She was mangled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭StudentEmeritus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

I have always thought amy winehouse was a great talent who seems to have her finger on the self-destruct button. Some people can handle the spotlight better than others.
    I watched her at the Mandela Concert and Glastonbury and its just incredibly sad to see her perform like that and not realise or refuse the fact she needs help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Jesus, that's like those things they show you in school to stop you from doing drugs, where it has a series of mugshots of one person taken over a long period of time and you can see the marked deterioration of their appearance because of their substance abuse.

What a fcuking mess.

Rolling Stone had a good article about her last week. She invited the journalist into her house at about 4am to just hang out with her for a few hours. It's tragic stuff. The article is here.

Btw why didn't someone from her record company/management/family stop her from doing that Nelson Mandela gig and Glastonbury? She was obviously in no fit state to do them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0OFW-DaW0&feature=related

Bloody hell.

I'm not a fan of paps anyways (No more so than I am a fan of Amy), but that's incredibly ignorant. She can barely even talk over the shutters and flashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BLISTFULNIGHTS

Amy Winehouse is a good singer. Lets just see what happens next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭celticcutie

With emphysema I doubt her career is going to go from strength to strength, which is a real shame. Mad to see a herion addiction in front of your eyes like that - only good thing coming from it is that there was nothing cool or glamerous about any of it. Hopefully it's had an impact on and saved some impressionable souls.

Advertisement