Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake Zero AKA QuakeLive

Options
  • 20-02-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

More news floating around about this today. Its now called "Quakelive" you can apply for the closed beta at http://www.quakelive.com/.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Already done :) Quake:Zero is a much better sounding name (only problem with it is that it sounds like a rebirth rather than Q3:Arena v2.0!)

Wonder if the free ad-supported game concept will work out in this context...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

From what I have read the ads will only appear in your browser, which is where the game is launched from. Once launched there wont be ad's in game as such. Not sure how this will look graphically, I expect it will be the Q3 engine reworked.

Unfortunately I came to the Quake3 table late in life and as such missed all the fun, so I'm excited about the revival this game could bring about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea I missed the best years of Quake 3 but loved it when I finally got to play it online. This is an exciting idea but I can see this being the future of gaming.

The massive thing that this has going for it is it will eliminate piracy! On top of that there's the fact that there will be a steady flow of advertising revenue. And if a game is any way decent it will be successful because people wouldn't have to fork out cash just to try the full game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

aye its looking class. cant wait for it tbh after the disappointment of UT3.

DM forevah :p

• Advertisement

Wonder if it will actually do what they hope - meet expectations of casual and competitive players...I don't think it's possible anymore - people want to win and if they can't straight away, are often unwilling to try so just quit (or whine!)

Hope it can be a saving grace for (competitive) 1v1 DM and some competitions pop up. And finally I will actually pick up a game when it comes out (have started with CPMA mod of Q3 quite a few years late :) )

🤪

I can see it totally reviving the scene. Lots of newcomers to Q3 love the game and are pissed that they missed the real scene from years ago, me included.

New players to Q3 need other new players to play with. Most of the old school players are way too good for us newbs.

I can see it totally reviving the scene. Lots of newcomers to Q3 love the game and are pissed that they missed the real scene from years ago, me included.

New players to Q3 need other new players to play with. Most of the old school players are way too good for us newbs.

Too true!!! Luckily with CPMA there is a noob IRC channel...Some experienced people hang out there too but it's easy to get a game, some day I might even win one!

🤪

Sabre0001 whats the channel and I'll give you a few games any time you want, as long as its q3dm6 ;)

#cpmpickup (EDIT: #cpma.na is the better one...)

Also visit ESReality at the moment - news of a "Newbie Cup" for CPMA...Unfortunately uses 2 maps I'm not a huge fan of - 1a (haven't really played) and Aerowalk. The other map is 3a (always used by the servers in this channel unless you vote). Map is random pick, only 1 round, double elimination.

As long as college doesn't get in the way I'm going to enter...

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement