Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This day in wrestling...

• 20-02-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

I thought it might be cool to do a this day in the history of wrestling thread. Anyway here it is for February 20th:

* 1928 - Ed Strangler Lewis defeated Joe Stecher for the World's Heavyweight Wrestling title

* 1933 - Jim Browning defeated Ed Strangler Lewis for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

* 1978 - Bob Backlund defeated Superstar Billy Graham for the WWWF Heavyweight title

* 1989 - Ricky Steamboat defeated Ric Flair for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

* 2002 - The Prototype (John Cena) defeated Leviathan (Batista) for the Ohio Valley Heavyweight title.

http://www.itscwrestling.com/today/today2S.pl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

This is a pretty good idea if it's kept updated.

I'm sure there'll be some debate on whether that 2002 entry is all that important given how loved Cena is around here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

* 1989 - Ricky Steamboat defeated Ric Flair for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

That was the first Flair match that I watched, it was brilliant, at the Chi-Town Rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    That was the first Flair match that I watched, it was brilliant, at the Chi-Town Rumble

Is that the one that's about 18 minutes long?

Is that the one that's about 18 minutes long?
    23 minutes according to Wikipedia

21st of February:

* 1947 - Whipper Billy Watson defeated Bill Longson for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

* 1993 - Barry Windham defeated the Great Muta for the NWA Heavyweight Wrestling title

* 1999 - Curt Hennig & Barry Windham defeated Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko for the WCW Tag Team title

* 1999 - Scott Hall defeated Roddy Piper for the WCW US Heavyweight title

• Advertisement

I was wondering how that could be before you edited it!

Fozzy wrote: »
    I was wondering how that could be before you edited it!

lol, yeah somewhere along the line somebody is wrong about that Strangler Lewis match. Or maybe it started late on the 20th and finished early in the morning on the 21st!

The Observer site mentions today that that match's anniversary is today, so that's probably right. Can't say I've seen it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

February 24:

1998 - Sting defeated Hollywood Hogan for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight title

1998 - Scott Hall & Kevin Nash defeated the Steiners for the WCW Tag title

1998 - Booker T defeated Rick Martel for the WCW Television title

2000 - Crash Holly defeated Test for the WWF Hardcore title

2003 - Mafia defeated Homicide for the Jersey All Pro Heavyweight Title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

2003 - Mafia defeated Homicide for the Jersey All Pro Heavyweight Title

There would be some SERIOUS heat behind that match if they ran it today.............

• Advertisement
Advertisement