Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

j1 new york this summer - may-aug need roomates

• 20-02-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭

okay so me and my friend have booked our j1, heading to New York, flights sorted ect ect

we will be out there around 26th of may until sept 18th, trying to look into some accomadation now but since there is only two of us it will prob limit us to ****holes, we want to stay somewhere in manhattan to be close to all the stuff to do and what not.. so anyone...who preferably is going with some mates or alone that is easy going and up for a laugh (not really interested in a boyfriend and girlfriend combo for various reasons) we would be interested in hearing from you

two of us will be 23 and 21, marketing students from cork and tipp, looking for some more peeps to share with to get somewhere decent and spread the load of the costs so we have money to enjoy ourselves, looking for people who wud be arriving around end of may to end of aug, we will be staying till sept 18th but roadtripping it after 3 months of working in NY

anyone potentially interested leave a post here or send me a pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fizzy86

Hey,
    I'm planning on going to New York too. All alone :(
    Would love to find people to share with. Im 22, female from Dublin. Won't be able to go until June however as college exams wont be finished until then. Not sure how long i'm staying yet, probably until mid September or so. Wouldn't really be a problem tho since I have relatives I could possibly stay with for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

barra im headin to NY hoping to stay central as possible flyin out May 27th .. will be in NY for all of June & July but headin south at the start of August to do some travelling...

headin over with guy from my course hes from Limerick , I'm Wexford both 4th yr ITT students in UL and are 21 and 22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

Hey All,

Just to let you know, staying on Manhattan is VERY expensive! I was there the Summer just gone and lucky I had central accomodation provided for me, but I stayed on for an extra 3 weeks and ended up paying $1300 for a 1 bedroom apartment. Most places on Manhattan average about $1200 for 1 room!
    So unless you have a very high paying job, staying on Manhattan could be quite unrealistic. The subway in NY is excellent though, and if you stayed out in Queens, you could be as little as 10-15 mins from Times Square, so I would definitely recommend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

I am going to boston on the 20th may. But planing to go to NY after few days in boston. My college mate is going with me, but I dont know his plans yet. Do you have any job advices for NY? Cant find one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

im emailin a relation in the next week or so.. hoping to get pub or restaurant work myself as i have experiecne... i see on otehr threads for lads its easy to get jobs as doorman of apartment blocks... i got my embassay date today feckin in the middle of my finals going to hav eto try get that changed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

BArra wrote: »
    okay so me and my friend have booked our j1, heading to New York, flights sorted ect ect

we will be out there around 26th of may until sept 18th, trying to look into some accomadation now but since there is only two of us it will prob limit us to ****holes, we want to stay somewhere in manhattan to be close to all the stuff to do and what not.. so anyone...who preferably is going with some mates or alone that is easy going and up for a laugh (not really interested in a boyfriend and girlfriend combo for various reasons) we would be interested in hearing from you

two of us will be 23 and 21, marketing students from cork and tipp, looking for some more peeps to share with to get somewhere decent and spread the load of the costs so we have money to enjoy ourselves, looking for people who wud be arriving around end of may to end of aug, we will be staying till sept 18th but roadtripping it after 3 months of working in NY

anyone potentially interested leave a post here or send me a pm

Yo Barra,

I am heading over to NY at the start of June and staying until September 26th. I already have a job arranged at IBM in Hawthorne (40 mins from Manhattan, upstate).

If you or anyone else on here are interested in having me as a roommate send me a pm or reply. I will be buying a car and will be heading up to Toronto a couple of times and driving out to vegas in September via the deep south if you guys are interested.

Im 27, male, quite chilled, would be looking for a place with parking and wireless!

Thanks
    Mike

Advertisement