Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick Day Parade Portarlington

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:00pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Who organizes it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

The Loais co council?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I wouldn't have taught so, but maybe!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,452 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No, there is (was???) a dedicated Parade committee in the town....

I dont know if there is anything planned for this year, i havent heard anything yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I'd say there'll be a parade alright, there is a committee set up to organise it this yr...i think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Yeah there is a committee that organises it saw an ad in L Express looking for imput/people to join in or something there is definately one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

the twon council usually "trys" to orgainise it.
    it'l probobly end in tears like the old french festival council did!!! damn certain publicans!!!!

I found information for the parade down the community center. The parade kicks off at around 3.30pm.
    Other activities include the "Paddys Day Welly Run" 2.30 in the market square. If you'd like to participate you must bring your wellies. Sponsorship cards are available. Proceeds go to the runners chosen charity

There is a Busking Competition on from 2pm to 3.30 PM. Three age categories u12, u18 & 18 plus. Prizes on the Day.

Other activities include Bouncy castle, face painting and welly throwing

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pjamas

the biffos usually go mad about the parade questioning why they should bother to be involved because it never goes near them i.e it never crosses the bridge. maybe if some of them get involved that might change. look forward to seeing ye all singing and dancing down mainstreet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

kikel is the parade on Monday or Saturday, i heard it was saturday

Monday the 17th according to the literature here in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

cool! and at what time? im gonna go down for a gander, might bring the new puppy for a stroll too! lol

Not until 3.30pm

thank you kikel. apperciate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

cool, although 3.30pm is very late for the parade aint it? usually everyones locko-ed by then! lol. nice that theres a parade in town tho!

yeh cheers kikel. you are a mine of info about port lol. :)

Ruby-J wrote: »
    yeh cheers kikel. you are a mine of info about port lol. :)

I'm a nosey fecker. :D

wot did everyone think of d parade yesterday

Advertisement