Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Man/Woman Radio Show

• 20-02-2008 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi
    Just joined boards and at last i have somewher to get this off my mind.
    One thing that has annoyed me for the last 2-3 years on radio, is the fact that nearly most shows on radio can no longer be hosted by one person.

Maybe i am imagining this but it seems on a lot of stations need 2 or more presenters (or helpers) to keep us entertained. I also find the same thing on uk radio. I like phone ins, but not 2-3 people having a chat in studio, i just feel like someone listening into a few women chatting at the till in tesco.
    Am i alone here.

Garry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

I think you're right especially on the bigger,national shows.With phone-ins theres different people expressing their different oppinions but when DJs start chatting in studio for 10 mins to fill air time it's really annoying especially if they're laughing at something that they never tell the listeners about.It does seem like a few ppl having casual chat on the streets.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Grinderman

You have just reminded me of the Sean Moncriff show and the twins from cork, they sound like nice girls but it is so irritating when one of them is on Monday with her (i have been a naughty girl) laugh and Sean then easily drags the details of her weekend out on the radio, honestly i don't think most people are interested.

Garry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

True that chatyness is a total turn-off (I hope you are reading Sean!), on the other hand Off the Ball would'nt work at all if solo presented. During last August (?) when Gilroy and Clair Whatsherface were on holliday Damien Kiberd worked on his own and the programme was better for it.

Mike.

Advertisement