Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridget Jones Moments....

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

So what cringe worthy moments have you had???:o

I'll fill you in later;);)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I have done the 'loo roll sticking to the sole of my shoe, and trailing 5 metres behind me' - while in a hurry to get back to the guy i was flirting with in a pub. :o

And, for a true Bridget Jones moment, who amongst us hasn't tried to wriggle out of our 'mammy knickers' when we unexpectedly get lucky, without the object of our affections seeing them? :ox100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

oh i have had one if you call it that. i have had both the daniel cleaver in my life and mark darcy. and it turns out both are very good friends. but both have not faught over me as the mark darcy in my life won hands down. when i see the film (saw the first one last night) the guy who would be daniel clever in my life, when i see daniel cleaver reminds me of this guy straight off. and all the old feelings come back. very strange but forever gratefull to have my mark darcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I lost the heel off my shoe one night, and had to try to walk half way through town to get a taxi...

I'd say I looked classy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

I always seem to be in shopping centres with my friends/bf and start talking to them only to discover that im talking to a complete stranger as my "friends" have walked off on me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Bridget Jones moments, I've had my boss sending me filthy messages, but that was more cringe worthy for him i suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

I feel out of a taxi pissed drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

cuckoo wrote: »
    And, for a true Bridget Jones moment, who amongst us hasn't tried to wriggle out of our 'mammy knickers' when we unexpectedly get lucky, without the object of our affections seeing them? :ox100

i dont really own the mammy knickers. some more attractive than others... but no mammy knickers... though im quite fond of mens' boxers, so maybe i don't count on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

lizann wrote: »
    I feel out of a taxi pissed drunk

Oh I did that :D in front of my aunts and cousins, it was a large taxi with a sliding door and I was a bit too forceful opening the door and slipped out on my arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

was a really windy summer day, i had a wrap dress on, and didnt have anything to pin it together. seen my bus pullin up across the road so went to run for it and my dress flew apart at the front (middle of the day dublin city centre). a bunch of guys across the road stopped and they're jaws dropped. and then the bus was still at the busstop and i went to run for it again and let go of the dress again and it flew up yet again.
    when i got on the bus i was like oh thanks for waitin and he said something like "it could have been worse". I think he meant i could have been wearin nothin under the dress
    :o ye i had a red face the wrole way home. :o x 1000000000000000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

I always seem to be in shopping centres with my friends/bf and start talking to them only to discover that im talking to a complete stranger as my "friends" have walked off on me! :(

+ 1. Do this all the time :rolleyes: And the toilet roll on shoe is one of life's injustices.

Trying to think of something really cringeworthy - i suppose they're was one time i was wearing this boob tube that looked the same on both sides. Was trying to fix my strapless bra in a club toilet one night and inadvertently turned the boob tube inside out...label sticking out the back. Luckily a girl in there spotted it...was still mortified :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I've done a whole range of cringeworthy stuff.
    Collasping in a club.
    Puking all over a stranger.
    Falling on the way home.
    Jeans do not fit me right and i've ended up flashing my bum a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I spent at least half an hour at a 21st with my dress in my knickers. One of my finer moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 WildWood

abrr1000 wrote: »
    was a really windy summer day, i had a wrap dress on, and didnt have anything to pin it together. seen my bus pullin up across the road so went to run for it and my dress flew apart at the front (middle of the day dublin city centre). a bunch of guys across the road stopped and they're jaws dropped. and then the bus was still at the busstop and i went to run for it again and let go of the dress again and it flew up yet again.
    when i got on the bus i was like oh thanks for waitin and he said something like "it could have been worse". I think he meant i could have been wearin nothin under the dress
    :o ye i had a red face the wrole way home. :o x 1000000000000000

I am so glad I'm not the only one this has happened too. Wrap dresses look great but any bit of a breeze and they're a nightmare! My 'unveiling' was getting off a bus last summer, right across from a building site...just typical...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh man, i did stumble on the way to bed after a few drinks last night, and got stuck in the bath.

Advertisement