Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Answer To Losing HD DVD. GOW2 Offical

• 20-02-2008 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Check this out. Gears of war 2 out in November. Looks like the early announcement is to try and stop people buy PS3 because of its blueray drive.

http://email.xbox.com/a/hBHvJdTAlyGQCByxB86A0Xtedtx/gearsofwar

Got this e mail at 9:30 this evening

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

thegoth wrote: »
    Check this out. Gears of war 2 out in November. Looks like the early announcement is to try and stop people buy PS3 because of its blueray drive.

http://email.xbox.com/a/hBHvJdTAlyGQCByxB86A0Xtedtx/gearsofwar

Got this e mail at 9:30 this evening

This has nothing to do with the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD thing.

O/T, wow, someone likes their easy gamerpoints, don't they...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I don't see how a game would stop people buying another games console to watch movies... One of the most sensless points I've ever read.

If anything they'd be waffling on about HD movie downloads etc to do that.

Other than that, GOW2.... Is it wrong that its 9 months away and i'm already excited!!! God I love that game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bit far fetched to think this is remotely related to the HD-DVD/Blu-ray situation. GDC is on. Microsoft had their keynote. They announced a game everyone was already expecting would be announced soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The timing is similar to the Halo3 launch lasy year, they, MS, just want to keep up the momentum on the run up to Christmas, probably the last Christmas the 360 has to challenge the Wii and PS3 before it's overtaken in 2009.

As for the whole Bluray/HDDVD business, sure aren't MS making pots of cash with the HD movie download service, in fact without the pricey need for a fancy drive in the machine, I reckon we could see a rock bottom priced 360 released for the Christmas coming, just to undercut the whole opposition, that and the release of a de-bundled Wii could make Christmas 08 an interesting one for Sony.

Advertisement