Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mikomi ap-7121

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

do any of ye have a webcam driver for mikomi ap-7121?

their site doesnt have it:
    http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/fron...tml?Rcg=100001

i have searched the whole net and cant find anything...was hoping someone might be able to email me it if they bought the camera in argos or whatever

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

I've got the same problem.

The only thing I an think of is --- buy another one from Argos. Copy the driver and bring it back next day under the 16 day money back scheme. Just tell them it doesn't work with your version of windows. I think the one you have is similar to argos product 6750529.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 oneway

I have now found the original CD rom with the driver. ping me if you still want it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Bear in mind that thousands of people all over the world cannot get this webcam to work. The manufacturer doesn't seem to list the driver anymore. Perhaps this camera is obsolete?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ziggyirl

oneway wrote: »
    I have now found the original CD rom with the driver. ping me if you still want it
    Hi i have the same problem, i lost my cd and i cant instal webcam mikomi ap-7121.could you sent to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 d1widdhair

hello! is this the mikomi 11.99 or thereabouts in argos camera? i got one as a gift and too need the driver,please if anyone has it n could send it to me, i would be utterly grateful!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

d1widdhair wrote: »
    hello! is this the mikomi 11.99 or thereabouts in argos camera? i got one as a gift and too need the driver,please if anyone has it n could send it to me, i would be utterly grateful!!

Hi Sis. Why didnt you come to me straight off the bat?

The mikomi 300k VGA webcam which can be bought in argos for the princely sum of 12 quid, is manufactured by Ming Jong technologies in Taiwan. Ming jong call it the M6607. You will find the details here:

http://www.mingjong.com.tw/eipe/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Rcg=100001&Part=M6607

I have checked the specs of the one off the argos site and the M6607, and they are identical. Argos buys the M6607 off Ming Jong for about 20c, put a sticker on one of the legs with Mikomi on it, and sell it for a tenner.

The driver for it can be found here:

http://www.mingjong.com.tw/driver/M6607.rar

On widows you can use winrar to extract the driver. On linux, open a shell and use the command unrar e M6607.rar

Unrar is not installed by default on linux so you may need to install it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nivage

Hey. Ive been searching for the mikomi ap-7121 drivers for weeks and noticed your post. Any chance of you sending me a copy please. Would be realy gratefull. My address is nivage80@btinternet.com. Thanks.

Advertisement