Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Customs/Garda Check Airport

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Tonight the 20th there was a big check by customs and gardai on all traffic exiting Dub airport. They basically blocked up the airport which I doubt achieved much.

My tank was dipped for the cherry coke diesel.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bloody Gardai doing their job....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

colm_mcm wrote: »
    bloody Gardai doing their job....

That'll be a first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I have never seen such a check before, must have been at least 30 folk doing the check, a camera set up and basically blocked everyones exit from the airport for circa 30mins.

What did it achieve for joe public? nothing but frustration.......place was chaotic.

Unless there was a security alert it was just another willy waving exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bearcat wrote: »
    I have never seen such a check before, must have been at least 30 folk doing the check, a camera set up and basically blocked everyones exit from the airport for circa 30mins..

I've come across similar before - causing huge tailbacks for the cameras and more guards in one place than Templemore. It's likely being filmed for the news - they'll show it as stock footage every so often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I have never heard of diesel checks before on regular roads. Thats very interesting. How was the procedure carried out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

The customs officer has a sniff of your fuel cap, if he's still not satisfied he'll siphon out a bit and then have a taste. IF it tastes like Cherry Coke, you are in trouble my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

cson wrote: »
    The customs officer has a sniff of your fuel cap, if he's still not satisfied he'll siphon out a bit and then have a taste. IF it tastes like Cherry Coke, you are in trouble my son.

Ha! They could do with coming down to Oranmore and checking a few vans and cars around here. The Texaco in Oranmore village has the "cherry coke" pumps at the back of the building out of sight from the street/eyes of the local plod.

The amount of Hiace vans (or circa 97/98 english reg Vectra's) filling the tanks up here needs to be seen to be believed. The vans for some reason (as well as being without sign writing) often have paving/tarmac/shed painting services on the side of them with a mobile phone number but no "fixed abode" address funnily enough:rolleyes:. But most mind boggling of all is the crossed eyed, inbred looking, peroxide blond in belly top/track suit, hoop ear rings, high heels and fag hanging from lip with six kids milling around all packed into the front.

Funny looking pavers/tarmac laying work crew ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I came across one of them last year on the road from Kilkenny to Freshford - it looked like they had made a few catches as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

Ha! They could do with coming down to Oranmore and checking a few vans and cars around here. The Texaco in Oranmore village has the "cherry coke" pumps at the back of the building out of sight from the street/eyes of the local plod.

The amount of Hiace vans (or circa 97/98 english reg Vectra's) filling the tanks up here needs to be seen to be believed. The vans for some reason (as well as being without sign writing) often have paving/tarmac/shed painting services on the side of them with a mobile phone number but no "fixed abode" address funnily enough:rolleyes:. But most mind boggling of all is the crossed eyed, inbred looking, peroxide blond in belly top/track suit, hoop ear rings, high heels and fag hanging from lip with six kids milling around all packed into the front.

Funny looking pavers/tarmac laying work crew ;)

you forgot to point out the obligatory amber lights on top :)

Advertisement