Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Gamers

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Are you in love with gaming as i am?
    Are you a critical gamer willing to share your views with other gamers in Ireland?
    Would you be willing to appear in front of a camera and review games?

Peafur Productions are creating Irelands very on game review show made by gamers for gamers.

If interested please contact me via PM for more information.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

citizengame.co.uk its on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

is this going to be a TV show or a website? If its a TV show I doubt it will be successfull. Gamers look to the internet for news. Plus you remove the veil of anonymity that the internet offers and most decent game reviewers end up either looking like quivering, stuttering messes or super ego weirdos.

I'd say an internet based game review site would be good... but then that market is already saturated atm.

EDIT: Also I think where a lot of Gamer shows falter is in their assumptions about gamers. Being a "Gamer" does not automatically mean you like every type of video game, in fact most gamers are quite polarized in the specific genres of games they will play. Just like there are seperate shows for seperate sports there should be seperate shows for seperate genres of video games, or even seperate platforms. The benefit of a gaming website is that I can choose what I want to watch (i.e. PC game news) I used to watch Game shows but then got bored when they'd start reviewing RPG's or Sports games which I have no interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

pm sent

could be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

you should produce it like the channel6 one :D

(for those who don't know.. one of the producers of that show came to boards seeking advice on what "gamers" would like the show to be like.. took lots of good suggestions, disregarded them and mate tripe)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah think you best be goin', friend.
    We don't take kindly to your folk roun' these here parts.
    (spits into spitoon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Hey, We don't take kindly to folks not takin' kindly around here.

"Now skeeter,he ain't hurtin' nobody"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Folks folks SixDegrees came tasty proposal listen kindly.

/ / Kindly. Folksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

<---- Hates watching game review shows. They're always so.....lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

...bar interweb ones.

1up ftw! i'd get involved if it were a 1up/diggnation (i know diggnation isn't a games show, but you catch my drift... "people in the know talking about what they know") but if it's for tv the producers are likely to screw up, follow the herd and get cancelled in 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Get yourself over to consolevania.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

SixDegrees wrote: »
    Are you in love with gaming as i am?
    Are you a critical gamer willing to share your views with other gamers in Ireland?
    Would you be willing to appear in front of a camera and review games?

Peafur Productions are creating Irelands very on game review show made by gamers for gamers.

If interested please contact me via PM for more information.

Why the **** would we want to watch pasty Irish nerds stammering about games when we've got Zero Punctuation? I speak as a pasty nerd so I know there's nothing worth hearing most of the time.

Also, what kind of name is "Peafur"? Is the MD a furry? A pee fetishist? Will pedobear be making a guest apperance?

Advertisement