Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing hd on new tv with xbox

• 21-02-2008 8:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Lads i have been pullin my hair out trying to get this to work

I have got a 37 inch acoustic solutions hdtv and for some reason my xbox doesnt like me trying to set it to hd. I will go through step by step what i try do

1 Go to dashboard and console settings

2 Go to display and on hdtv settings it says my hdav cable is set to tv when i def have it set to hd

3 I set it to 1080i and the screen flickers for a sec and the tv information bar says "HDTV 1920 X 1080i 60 Hz" it then asks me do i want to keep these settings, now no matter what i do here it goes back to the info saying "SDTV 720 X 560i 50 Hz" whether i try save the new settings or not (i tried changing the Hz to 50 and trying for 1080i but it does the same thing

What am i doing wrong here?

http://tinyurl.com/284tlr This is the tv in question

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GAAman wrote: »
    Lads i have been pullin my hair out trying to get this to work

I have got a 37 inch acoustic solutions hdtv and for some reason my xbox doesnt like me trying to set it to hd. I will go through step by step what i try do

1 Go to dashboard and console settings

2 Go to display and on hdtv settings it says my hdav cable is set to tv when i def have it set to hd

3 I set it to 1080i and the screen flickers for a sec and the tv information bar says "HDTV 1920 X 1080i 60 Hz" it then asks me do i want to keep these settings, now no matter what i do here it goes back to the info saying "SDTV 720 X 560i 50 Hz" whether i try save the new settings or not (i tried changing the Hz to 50 and trying for 1080i but it does the same thing

What am i doing wrong here?

http://tinyurl.com/284tlr This is the tv in question

Cheers for any help

Can't say for sure, but try going with 720p rather than 1080i, should hopefully make some bit of difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

From the site - Resolution 1366 x 768 pixels.

Your tv can't do 1080i. Set it to 720p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

There's a switch at the end of the bundled component cable where one is 'sdtv' and the other 'hdtv'. Make sure that is switched to 'hdtv' before you go through your dashboard.

Could it be that you're connecting with the scart lead. To get HD, you need to use the VGA cable, the HDMI cable or the component cable.

Your TV should be capable of doing all resolutions up to 1080i and 720p. Having a TV that has 1366*768 pixels doesn't limit you to 720p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I am using the component cable rather then scart and its def set to hdtv

Even when i set it to 720p it does the same thing and goes back to the sdtv one

Bloody annoyin altogether :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Thats bad news, seems like you are doing everything right, I got a new hdtv last week and when I hooked it up the difference was unreal.

Just keep trying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

johnnyflav wrote: »
    Your TV should be capable of doing all resolutions up to 1080i and 720p. Having a TV that has 1366*768 pixels doesn't limit you to 720p.

Right you are, was half asleep posting that.

I can't get that link to open now (is argos.co.uk down?) so I don't know if your tv has a vga port but if it does you could try borrowing the cable off someone if you know anybody with one to see if it works.

Strange the tinyurl aint workin but the long ass link works :confused:

Anyway this is the socket type connections it has

Connectivity

* 1 HDMI socket.

* 2 SCART sockets.

* Component video socket.

* Composite.

* Headphone socket.

* AV socket.

* Back DC socket.

Am i right in thinking the hdmi socket could be used to help? Would i need to buy an add on for the xbox?

Here is the full link

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5363656/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500011405.Sound%2Band%2Bvision%3EC%24cip%3D1500011489.Televisions%3EC%24cip%3D1500011492.37%2Binch%2BLCD%2BTVs.htm

Lads i seriously dont know what to tell ye. I didnt change a thing and now the picture is working at 1080i :confused::confused::confused:

GAAman wrote: »
    Lads i seriously dont know what to tell ye. I didnt change a thing and now the picture is working at 1080i :confused::confused::confused:

It's all good! What do you make of the HD hullabaloo?

Makes a hell of alot of difference, playin gears of war here and i honestly dont think i have jumped at a game since resident evil on the ps one!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, Gears looks class on it, well, everything does.

Advertisement