Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What County has the worst drivers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i was in dublin for the rugby yesterday, amazed by the lack of indicating and full of right lane hogging on dual carriageways/motorways. taxi drivers also seem more insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    i was in dublin for the rugby yesterday, amazed by the lack of indicating and full of right lane hogging on dual carriageways/motorways. taxi drivers also seem more insane!

"taxi drivers also seem more insane!" -- I love the way it's just universally accepted that taxi drivers are all insane, but in Dublin they're more insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Absolutely agree, took this paddy minutes after arriving back here to realise I was in the wild west safety-wise. Coming from the safest driving country to one of the most dangerous takes a lot of the joy out of driving. And it had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SPEED. I was able to drive way faster and safely in the UK than here.
    In the UK you could pinpoint certain categories of bad drivers, here it is pretty much across the board, with very few even reaching the lowest standard of UK driver.

As for Eastern Europeans, just like me, they end up un-learning how to drive here. After some years driving here, my driving is undoubtedly poorer than when I was a inexperienced driver in the UK, dragged down by the general poor attitude and skills of those around me. We have a long way to go before we even even compare with mature driving countries like Germany, UK or Sweden, or even Italy or France where despite apparently manic driving, their skill and anticipation puts the majority of Irish drivers to shame.
    IanOCol wrote: »
    Having returned to Ireland 2 years ago after living with my parents in Austria and Germany (where I did my driving test) I say: all of the country.

As long as there's no proper training for drivers in Ireland BEFORE someone's allowed in a car or on a bike, there will be no decent driving.

I had to do 25 hrs of practical and 18 hrs of theoretical training for each car and bike......and failed my first attempt.
    So it was back to learning abit more (10/5hrs) and I got the licence at last.
    I felt save and confident enough to to German autobahns and going through the Uk with no problems for 4 years.
    But over here, they've frightened the sh*t out of me. Morons in cars.
    If there were decent public transport, I would never ever drive again in my country of birth.
    Every bloke from Poland/Latvia/Lithuania drives better than most of the Irish. It should be compulsary to do 10hrs of rush hour driving in Paris for us here. 90% of the licences would be revoked and driving a lot more safer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Rudest and worst drivers are in Galway, much easier to merge or change lane in Dublin, most drivers will let you change lane in front of them. Galway drivers will drive up the cars arse in front to make sure the indicating driver won't get in to the lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

My experience is the same as what wil and IanOCol posted...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

lightening wrote: »
    Rudest and worst drivers are in Galway
    Yeah, Galway drivers can be pretty bad alright, although each province poses a different problem. For instance road rage in the East vs roundabout craziness in the West. That's why I use a D regged car, so the Jacks get the blame when I do something bad :D

Interesting link WHITE_P

Advertisement