Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT online booking

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

hi there about to go stark raving mad here so forgive me. I am trying to book NCT test online, when i clicked on the site this morning at 8.30 there was one space available 6th march in the local centre so i went ahead to book that when i went to confirm came on screen that there were no slots available on that day. and not only that but no slots available all the way through to middle of april which is as far as the site will let you go. So then i check the next centre closest to us again and no slots. Now i know for a fact that there are spaces as people can turn up at the local nct centre hours earlier than is stated on the booking form and get the car tested cause there are no other cars booked. has anyone else been driven mad by this? i dont know why buts its like you have as much of a chance to win the national lotter as you have to book your car in for NCT online. Maybe its different in Dublin but i tried the two centres in our county and two in the next county and the same on all 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it seems to be a bug in the nct system, it happened me when i was booking mine too, i just logged out left it a couple of hours and logged back on and the days were available to select again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The trick is to book early in the morning, as in just after 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Anan1 wrote: »

I also found just after 4:00pm or 4:30pm is good as they seem to put all their canceled tests back on the system in one batch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

it was 8.05 when i tried this morning but if its a bug its time to have it sorted out its going on for the past year at the vey least

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Its not just the online site!
    I tried to book in for Limerick online and there was one free slot for the 6 weeks i viewed! So i rang them up and she confirmed this. I basically just have to log on every day and take the first free slot, regardless of the time.
    Such a joke. Its like something thats government run or something! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭suimhneas

totally agree on the government run idea its just a joke why isnt there a system where you can ring up the local test centre and book through them

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Anan1 wrote: »

Try online before 8am, between 7 - 8.

The call centre staff say to try before they open at 8 as all the first calls are people trying to get the cancellations that are freed up during the night, any that are there are gone within the first half hour apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Based on some of the other posts on motors here, it looks like the Garda's are cracking down on NCT now, so maybe lots of people who'd been avoiding it have applied for tests??

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

I emailed NCT directly from the 'contact us' or whatever link on their site as i couldnt get the actual online thing to work. I was looking for it done early and i also wasnt fussed on any day or time, but it might be an option to choose if your having problems with the booking function online.

Also a few days after i got my notice another appointment for something else popped up on the same day and nearly the same time, so i rang and asked if it were possible to delay my NCT by even 30mins. The lady on the phone said 'theres no more spaces', i asked about the possiblity of another day, and again she said 'theres no more spaces', eventually i got it out of her that no more spaces didnt mean between 3pm-4pm or that week, but actually it was for the entire 5 weeks, which to be honest i find difficult to believe, but if she said no more spaces then thats fair enough, but she was more than a bit rude and did not explain the situation clearly. Or maybe she could have suggested/checked another test centre, maybe that would be far and beyond the call of duty for a NCT call centre worker, all i know i that i used to work in a call centre and explaining something in a brief, clear and pleasant manner can make the call a lot better for everyone.

Advertisement