Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What is a Pre Test

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are these pre-test lessons keep reading about on here ??

Always understood pre was short for preceding, so a pre-test lesson would be one taken immediately preceding the actual driving test. And obviously there could only be one pre-test. (One before would be a pre-pre-test etc)

Yet on here read about people taking several pre-tests and passing and failing same ???

Perhaps what is meant is a kind of mock test ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Pre-tests usually mean several lessons taken very soon before the test and concentrating on the fundamental skills you will need to pass the test. Most people wouldn't be anal enough about their grammar to include the right number of 'pre's' before any additional lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

A standard course of pre-tests is four lessons I believe. Due to time constraints I did 3 (over a week) and the best money I've ever spent, passed first time. Last pre-test finished 15 mins before my test started.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

J_R wrote: »

Always understood pre was short for preceding, so a pre-test lesson would be one taken immediately preceding the actual driving test.

I would imagine it just means preceding and not immediately preceding. You can have many tests preceding the actual test.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I always thought of a pre-test as a dry run that your instructor takes you on just before the actual test.

Advertisement