Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Flap Help

Options
  • 21-02-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 2004 VW Polo, and since Tuesday I have noticed that when I go to lock the car the Fuel Flap will pop out therefore not locking.

I have to push it in when locking the car so that it will lock.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be wrong with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I assume the flap locks with the central locking. I've seen this once before on a 2005 Passat, where a small spring was missing in the hinge area of the flap which holds the flap closed when the car (central locking) is unlocked.

It doesn't appear to be a spare part - so you may need to buy a whole new flap! Try to get a look another Polo that has a correctly working flap and see if you can spot whether or not the spring is missing.

809000fs6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,165 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thanks

Its due for a service soon so i will get them to have a look at it

Advertisement