Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi problems - please help

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

I have a 98 A3. For the last 2 days the car has been chugging especially in 1st and 2nd gear but not as much in 3rd. Its getting worse though and can be felt throughout the gears now, but really badly in 1 & 2 - any ideas??

Service light came on on Sunday and the oil light flashed briefly too, but the oil was changed in September last.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,793 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Have you checked your oil levels?

Also..May need a new fuel filter...

Is there a mechanical clunking noise when you change gears?
    I know a mate who had to get a new gearbox on a 98 A3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭poker-jacks

No, but for a day 2 weeks ago, when in first gear the stick would clunk but that has stopped now.

The chugging thing is really pi$$ing me off. I need to get it serviced. How much did he pay for new gearbox do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

maybe spark plugs.

really? This would cause the chugging? I was afraid it might be dirt clogged in the fuel line or that the oil I put in in September was wrong.

I presume spark plugs are easy to fit?

Booked my car in with Mobile Auto Service.ie for next Tuesday, he mentioned the same thing about spark plugs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement