Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike paint

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a shop in Dublin that sells metal paint in a decent selection of colours? The powder-coated finish on my singlespeed has gained a few chips in the last couple of months and I'd like to cover 'em up so the (steel) frame doesn't rust. (I'll also be using rust primer, obviously.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Anyone know a shop in Dublin that sells metal paint in a decent selection of colours? The powder-coated finish on my singlespeed has gained a few chips in the last couple of months and I'd like to cover 'em up so the (steel) frame doesn't rust. (I'll also be using rust primer, obviously.)

id say get a acid based primer in a motorfactors,to avoid rust,i think U-pol make some and they come in different numbers, dunno what number for you tho??? then they will have a heap of paint or you can change them trying to match it, BUT, with the powdercoat the new paint will look odd.
    with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I know it. Still, better it looks a bit odd than gets a bit rusty, I reckon.
    kona wrote: »
    BUT, with the powdercoat the new paint will look odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

the hip-hop record shop on crow street in temple bar sells loads of spray paints in lots and lots of colours, i was able to find a 95% match to spray my brown specialized langster to get rid of the bike branding, it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

That's a durn good call! Cheers.
    flickerx wrote: »
    the hip-hop record shop on crow street in temple bar sells loads of spray paints in lots and lots of colours, i was able to find a 95% match to spray my brown specialized langster to get rid of the bike branding, it looks good.

Advertisement