Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers 2008 Take 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Well lads, it's pissing raining so I don't feel like getting soaked on the way to meet you lot, blame the weather, not me! I would get a cab, it's a tenner to get to town :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

popped my head into the bierhaus a minute ago. is anyone still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea.. i am..

im on Domonick street...

grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Went in around 10, but wasn't sure who was who so I left after a couple of cokes.

I assumed that ye were the crowd on the right just inside the back door, but wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

we were the 'crowd' at the back

t'was nice to meet some new faces, some much prettier than others

• Advertisement

oh and muchos props to Snyper for coming all the way from Athlone and ditching his mates, hope you got lucky dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Managed to escape the clutches of that crazy french chick. though Darko (Whom is posting at the moment as redhairedguy) stilll feels much pain over the newly opened hole in his ear. She was nice and all but there's aline between crazy and fuc*ing nuts.

Hopefully Flesh. or should I say RHG will get some action from here though whether he pays for it or not is at her discretion.

All in all a good night, I may have lost my job over my attendence but the jopvial nature of events more than compensted for said loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Yeah boards beers! I much enjoyed my multiple guests appearances. And yes, I'm posting completely ****faced. Which, posting drunk = not getting laid, which is making me a bit unhappy at the moment.

RHG, sorry you got no action. PS - the fine line between crazy and ****ing nuts is your place vs neutral territory/

I still say the young lady in question was not crazy, but spirited. The fact that she made Darko bleed made her all the more endearing and made me laugh a great deal.

i agree with tristan though I wouldn't let her know where you live RHG just to be safe (and because it's so close to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Spirited defence there MattKid and the unbiased advice is brilliant, I can't wait to see what happens when RHG has to post a PI on this :) Anyway, it was good to meet you all. I'm pretty sure Fey! was at the bar when I arrived (left end of the bar beside the pillar?) so it's shame he didn't take his dignity in hand and try to verify who the boardies were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

ciotog wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Fey! was at the bar when I arrived (left end of the bar beside the pillar?) so it's shame he didn't take his dignity in hand and try to verify who the boardies were.

Dignity? What's that??? :p

Looks like I was quite easily spotted! I used to work in that pub under a couple of its former owners, so I was looking at whatever changes had been made. There was a good atmosphere in it, and a coke was only €2.20 (usually around €2.60-€2.70 in pubs around town).

Unfortunately I had to get home before my curfew ended... :o

I won't be so shy next time.

Darko here once more. Anyone have any pictures from last night. There's a certain one with a redish tint a few people are looking forward to seeing. Was the money exchange afterward, caught on camera or did we allow them their dignity?

While spirited she may have beeen, she was also quite a bit nuts. The fact that her friend ditched her and seemed to run off only added to our fears of a Jill the Ripper situation. I'm sure shes a nice girl, but I have a fuc*ing hole in my ear as a result of our encounter. Something which was not exactly an enjoyable experience.

I was rather lost at the time myself, so apologies for not striking up conversation. Catch you at the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

grr im raging I couldnt make it!! :( x

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Sounds like I left before the craziness began. How did some crazy French chic put a hole in your ear?

C-J wrote: »
    grr im raging I couldnt make it!! :( x
    Oh well there's always next time.

Wonder who's the lady who decided to run away when I arrived - I'm terrible with names so I mistakenly assumed it was you C-J, oops! Apologies to the good lady whose name I've forgotten also.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

That was possibly me.

dafunk wrote: »
    That was possibly me.
    Would have been - apologies for my lack of short-term memory :) You were heading for dinner weren't you, good meal had?

dafunk wrote: »
    Sounds like I left before the craziness began. How did some crazy French chic put a hole in your ear?

Darko here yat again. Crazy French chick has a thing for our redhairedguy and decided to follow us to the Roisin Dubh. After mass consumption of beverage of the alcoholic variety I was somehow talked into allowing her put a earring in my ear. Now I have three piercings in my left ear and one which closed up years ago, which is the one she decided to reopen. Now a pleasant experience on any account.

All things considered a certain gingered one did receive much loving and a phone number, shame I had to suffer for it to be.

It was a pleasure to meet all that attended, and one of the more successful boards beers in recent memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Looks like I missed much fun :( I just couldn't be bothered walking into town in the rain or paying a tenner for a cab.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

I got delayed and it was too late to go, not too big a fan of the bierhaus i have to say but anyway

Ugh. Should have quit while I was ahead last night. Jager is not your friend.

tristanc wrote: »
    Ugh. Should have quit while I was ahead last night. Jager is not your friend.
    Jager is indeed evil, that black stuff leads to many a black out.

C-J wrote: »
    I got delayed and it was too late to go, not too big a fan of the bierhaus i have to say but anyway
    What's a recommended alternative?

As an aside, anyone interested in settling in somewhere to watch the rugby next weekend?

ciotog wrote: »
    Jager is indeed evil, that black stuff leads to many a black out.

I'm good with a couple shots mixed in through the eve - gives the night an extra kick - but the full bottle that was in my backpack was far too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pictures, where are the pictures!

I am also sheepishly interested to see the resulting pictures. Indeed my choice of companionship was poor. Still though, a major success on all sides.

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Crazy French chick has a thing for our redhairedguy ...
    QED, tbh! ¬_¬

:D

Hey!!! That's not very nice.....

It's not her fault she cannot resist my sexy ginger charms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's not her fault she cannot resist my sexy ginger charms.
    PMSL!

Oh dear!

I didn't intend that to be quite so literally true ... 'scuse moi a minute!

>_>

<_<

Advertisement