Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beers 2008 Take 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i couldnt hear how you were going to loose your job.
    refresh my memory

My boss is a prick and told me he did'nt want me to work Friday. He decided then at 1pm on Friday that I had to work and when he rang I simply told him I had plans made. He said fine and hung up. On the bus that evening he rang and asked where I was. I told him I was on my way to Galway, to which he replied "guess you have no interest in work then". He told me that if was working for someone he wouldn't head off for a day away in case he was needed, before telling me that he no longer wanted me to work for him.

TBH, I'm kind of glad as it means I'm finished with his sh*t. No more calls at 7 in the morning for me to work at half nine. No more going in to work and going home after 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

My boss is a prick and told me he did'nt want me to work Friday. He decided then at 1pm on Friday that I had to work and when he rang I simply told him I had plans made. He said fine and hung up. On the bus that evening he rang and asked where I was. I told him I was on my way to Galway, to which he replied "guess you have no interest in work then". He told me that if was working for someone he wouldn't head off for a day away in case he was needed, before telling me that he no longer wanted me to work for him.

TBH, I'm kind of glad as it means I'm finished with his sh*t. No more calls at 7 in the morning for me to work at half nine. No more going in to work and going home after 30 minutes.

Massive good riddance. Work seriously interferes with ones drinking time.

I'm currently stuck sobering up at work instead of heading to a party with my mates. Granted, there's the bar here, but I'm not going to start going there.

I don't, though I believe RHG does. Or will till crazy shows up and burns down his place of employement.

And I dunno that crazy would actually have to burn down his work to result in RHG's joblessness. Just showing up there might be enough.

tristanc wrote: »
    Massive good riddance. Work seriously interferes with ones drinking time.

I'm currently stuck sobering up at work instead of heading to a party with my mates. Granted, there's the bar here, but I'm not going to start going there.

I would'nt mind a nice cool beer myself. That Desperado beer I had in the Bier Haus was lovely. Must get myself some of it.
    And I dunno that crazy would actually have to burn down his work to result in RHG's joblessness. Just showing up there might be enough.

Hell, co-workers seeing the pics may be enough for his employement to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Darko - what the hell were you working at? Your boss sounds like a tool. WTF does he mean you shouldn't go away or make plans on your day off in case you're wanted at work? Has he never heard of a roster???

Fey! wrote: »
    Darko - what the hell were you working at? Your boss sounds like a tool. WTF does he mean you shouldn't go away or make plans on your day off in case you're wanted at work? Has he never heard of a roster???

I don't believe that he has. I work in a music store with delusions of grandeur. He changes the rules every few weeks, and for the last few months I was not allowed any of my piercings, was told to cut my hair, dye it black and style it. And was expected to wear black pants, black shoes, a shirt and tie.

I'm extremely relieved to be finished there, it's quite liberating as I can go to gigs and not book the days off, buy tickets and be told the morning of the gig I have to work or be told a few days before my holidays that he decided he needed a holiday more than me and booked one for the week I was due to be off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't believe that he has. I work in a music store with delusions of grandeur. He changes the rules every few weeks, and for the last few months I was not allowed any of my piercings, was told to cut my hair, dye it black and style it. And was expected to wear black pants, black shoes, a shirt and tie.

I'm extremely relieved to be finished there, it's quite liberating as I can go to gigs and not book the days off, buy tickets and be told the morning of the gig I have to work or be told a few days before my holidays that he decided he needed a holiday more than me and booked one for the week I was due to be off.
    Jeez louise! I'm no law-type person, darko, but those last few posts seem to add up to unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal or some such ...

Jeez louise! I'm no law-type person, darko, but those last few posts seem to add up to unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal or some such ...

I'm thinking the same, though if I can get my holiday pay off him and wages due then I'll be happy to put it all behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm thinking the same, though if I can get my holiday pay off him and wages due then I'll be happy to put it all behind me.
    Yeah, well, if you haven't been with him too long, you might be as well off, who needs the hassle, or him bad-mouthing you.

If he's trying to gip you tho', a wee solicitor's letter might help him discover how to retrieve his head from his fundament ...

• Advertisement

Yeah, well, if you haven't been with him too long, you might be as well off, who needs the hassle, or him bad-mouthing you.

If he's trying to gip you tho', a wee solicitor's letter might help him discover how to retrieve his head from his fundament ...

I told him he has till next week to get it all sorted or I'll be taking it furthur. I just want to forget about it all, and move on. Though if he was to lose his business and go bankrupt I wounld'nt be upset.

I would'nt mind a nice cool beer myself. That Desperado beer I had in the Bier Haus was lovely. Must get myself some of it.

Sadly, every time I've been to Bier Haus, I've basically stuck with Bulmers. Also what I've stuck with tonight. I've gotten lazy in my drink ordering habits, as in everything else.

Sadly, every time I've been to Bier Haus, I've basically stuck with Bulmers. Also what I've stuck with tonight. I've gotten lazy in my drink ordering habits, as in everything else.

Trust me, next time you're there grab a bottle of it, put a nice slice of lemon or lime in the neck and enjoy. The subtle taste of tequila is quite lovely.

MattKid wrote: »
    RHG, Crazy (possibly medicated) French girl and JizzLord
    CIMG0278-400.jpg

I don't care what anyone thinks, she looks like a fuc*ing serial killer in that pic. She looks like a female version of the Joker, only more psychotic.

Trust me, next time you're there grab a bottle of it, put a nice slice of lemon or lime in the neck and enjoy. The subtle taste of tequila is quite lovely.

This makes me feel overdue for a tequila night.

I don't care what anyone thinks, she looks like a fuc*ing serial killer in that pic. She looks like a female version of the Joker, only more psychotic.

Hmm. Ya might be a bit biased based on that whole 'drawing your blood' bit.

This makes me feel overdue for a tequila night.

There's the next beers right there. Boards Beers Tequila Spectacular 2008.
    Hmm. Ya might be a bit biased based on that whole 'drawing your blood' bit.

Possibly but you have to admit that picture in question is far from flattering. There is something off about it.

There's the next beers right there. Boards Beers Tequila Spectacular 2008.

I'm totally down (quite literally, possibly, given previous tequila binges. Luckily, this is a fairly cold country, so my clothes will stay on).
    Possibly but you have to admit that picture in question is far from flattering. There is something off about it.

She sort of looks like a boy in the picture, which she didn't much at all in real life.

On the bright side, I'm off work in 40 minutes, yeah! There's an off chance my mate will still be up drinking, which would be excellent - I've never had pre and post work pints with the same person. Odds are low tho - everyone says they'll still be up when I get off, but no one ever is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That first picture of the French girl has a bit of a 'RHG will be lead away covered in a plastic sheet, as police arrest a wild eyed woman shouting he was my boyfriend, miiiiiiiiiiine' vibe about it.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ah yes.... Not as bad as I expected.

Work safe from obsessive love fuelled bombings at the moment. Having said that, I just about told her my name, so she knew nothing about me. Violent violent girl... attractive at that, but very... as Matt said.. "Spirited"

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, acted the mad bastard but had fun.

Thank thee chaps especially Snyper, who prevented me from making a scene in the Roisin in front of alot of random people from college. Next beers you can wear my coat all night.

And you'll look awesome

V
    V
    V

335gs0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

seemed like a lot of fun..might attend the next one! Out of curiosity what age group are we talking about here..Hate to feel out of my depth!:(

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    seemed like a lot of fun..might attend the next one! Out of curiosity what age group are we talking about here..Hate to feel out of my depth!:(

Everything and anything bro.

I was probably the youngest there and I'm 21. Basically if you are 18 or over. You are welcome.

T'was good fun all round. Some interesting ocnversation and a complete lack of akward moments which was very nice. I think we should make this a montly meet up, as it's a change from the norm of every other weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Everything and anything bro.

I was probably the youngest there and I'm 21. Basically if you are 18 or over. You are welcome.

Cheers..I definately fit into the 18 or over bracket! I'll keep an eye out for the next one

snyper wrote: »
    in comparison to the mad bitch i was with last night.. she seems tame. The bitch bit me.. almost took a chunk out of me :mad:

i only just saw this! WTF???:eek: Hahaha... dude, what happened?
    Some interesting conversation and a complete lack of akward moments which was very nice.

Pffft.. Who has time for awkward moments. State the theme early in the night (in this case, avoiding crazy french/spanish/basque chick) and work from there.
    Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Cheers..I definately fit into the 18 or over bracket! I'll keep an eye out for the next one

Do... The more the merrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

god there seriously needs to be more women at these things who dont have concealed axes in our handbags

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

There does. I think the gig thing was number 21 in Dafunk's list of how to get out of a situation without causing a scene or upset. We all know you girl's have these lists y'know

C-J wrote: »
    god there seriously needs to be more women at these things who dont have concealed axes in our handbags

We had Dafunk for a while, but she must have sensed crazy french chick's presence and made for the hills, muttering some excuse about chocolate pianos.

Can we count on your attendance next time? (Rhetorical Question, we'll find you if we have to.... <unblinking stare>)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Next time give us plenty of notice so I can take the following day off work...

I will also drag The Queen along, so any girls needn't feel out of place...though be warned, after a few drinks she gets abusive, loud and demands take away.

• Advertisement

Next time give us plenty of notice so I can take the following day off work...

How's about the 18th of April 2018?

Advertisement