Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To The Lighthouse-Virginia Woolf

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Just about to start reading this, been meaning to for years & now its been in my bag for a few weeks but just can't get into it :( Anybody an opinion on this book (without completely ruining it for me of course! ;)) or in other words reasons why I should bother :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yes, I liked it - it goes indepth into the characters' thoughts and identity and I find this sort of thing fascinating but it's not everyone's cup of tea. You'll have an idea if you'll like it after reading the first few pages. I feel like re-reading it again now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

'To the lighthouse' is not so much plot driven but character driven, personally I hated it, yes I read it and it is much more focused on the process of writing and presenting the novel in a new aesthetic form, which I commend Wolfe for but I find her very dry, I think she is a novelist you either love or hate, there are some good moments in it, but don't expect to be taken along on a rip roaring ride.

Advertisement