Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 conroller with pc sims anyone?

• 21-02-2008 11:41am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi people,i sold my G25 recently mainly because i wasnt racing much and simply hav not got the space on my desk for it to be set up 24/7.

I admit to hugely missing the sims i have on my pc.
    Im going to buy the xbox 360 controller that works on pc,i can then use it on both systems.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=312849

Has anyone ever used this controller with proper sims?

Not the best choice but for a casual simracer that i now am i feel it a good choice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

only ever tried it on the original xbox. The triggers work well, more precise than the buttons on the PS2 controllers anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers souper,i got some feedback from the guys over on no-grip.
    Once i use some custom driver all works very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Dcully wrote: »
    Cheers souper,i got some feedback from the guys over on no-grip.
    Once i use some custom driver all works very well.

Shame you sold the G25. I just got mine about three weeks ago. Difference is unbelieveable. In NR2003 im actually on the pace hehe, the car behaves totally different. I expected an improvement, but nowhere near as much I experienced.

Its fun on GT4 on the PS2, but it really demonstrates how inaccurate the physics are, they should call the "the driving approximator" rather than simulator hehe. TBH, though thats whats good about GT4, if your a bit knacked from work or whatever and dont feel like going hardcore LFS or whatever, GT4 is very enjoyable.

RFactor is messed up with my G25, it feels like the FFB is reversed, when it should be resisting its not and when it should be "free" its resisting. Wierd.

Since there is no room on your desk, you could have gotten a playseat hehe. I plan on converting the basement this year, getting a playseat a nice HD projector and simming like crazy until the babeh comes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah i do regret selling it but i found i would hook up the G25 which meant moving my G15 keyboard and the mouse mat off the desk and then back again after my racing.
    The whole thing was just awkward on my desk with wires everywhere.

One hell of a wheel however,im tempted to get one again but admit to playing other gaming genres more than racing for a good while now hence why im thinking of the pad.

Did you see the new Porsche 911 wheel from Fanatec?

http://www.fanatec.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

What was the custom driver Cully ? was the xbcd ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

You don't need xbcd for the 360 controller.Windows will recognize it no problem.You need xbcd if you are using the old Xbox controller.
    Anyway the 360 controller is fine with racing sims.

I'm building a gaming seat/computer desk hybrid with a bucket seat.
    The keyboard and the mouse pad slides underneath the G25.
    I'm building a button box too with 14 buttons and I have a little USB touch-pad off Ebay,so I don't need the keyboard and mouse in racing sims.

Jonski
    Were you playing Project Torque last night by any chance :) ?
    I was racing against a Jonski...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

gibbon75 wrote: »
    Jonski
    Were you playing Project Torque last night by any chance :) ?
    I was racing against a Jonski...

It would have been [BTC]Jonski ..what nick you using ?

Advertisement