Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New car, cant decide which one

Options
  • 21-02-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am upgrading my 2002 peugeot 306 and I have the option to get either a 2007 peugeot 207 OR a 2006 peugeot 306 for the same money.

What do you think I should do? Go for the 207 with a better year but smaller car or the 306 that I am used to but a year less??

Looking forward to your responces,

Niamh4626

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am upgrading my 2002 peugeot 306 and I have the option to get either a 2007 peugeot 207 OR a 2006 peugeot 306 for the same money.

What do you think I should do? Go for the 207 with a better year but smaller car or the 306 that I am used to but a year less??

Niamh4626

Do you mean 307, the 306 has not being on sale since about 2001?

To answer your question, forget about the year on the number plate. Choose which one suits you best, do you want/need the extra space/power that the 307 offers over the 207?

Test drive both cars and see which one you prefer, I would not base my whole decision just on the fact that one car is a year newer than the other to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

niamh4626 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Niamh4626
    I'd go with the 307, if you are used to the 307 you will be disappointed with a smaller car. My wife did something similar going from a 20005 Golf to a 20006 Polo which on paper shouldn't have been that different but in reality the Golf was a much nicer car. Apart from the Golf being physically bigger than the Polo, it had more comfortable seats, it was a smoother drive as in less road noise, less rattles, better sound insulation, it had better brakes. I would imagine the comparison between the 2 Pugs would be quite similar.
    If your in any doubt take each car for a test drive and see what you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

I'd go with the 207, it's much bigger that the 206, so don't let that put you off.
    I didn't notice much in the difference between it and the 307 size wise, it's not as tall.
    Also, the 307 is ridiculously under-powered. The 207 is a 1.4 in a smaller car, it'll be much nippier. We had a 307 in my family and it was really rattley and badly built.
    The 207 seems like a much more solidly built car.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bazz26 wrote: »
    To answer your question, forget about the year on the number plate. Choose which one suits you best, do you want/need the extra space/power that the 307 offers over the 207?

Test drive both cars and see which one you prefer, I would not base my whole decision just on the fact that one car is a year newer than the other to be honest.

+1

sound advice

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Thanks for your advise everyone. I am going to test drive both cars at 2pm so i'll decide then which to go for. to be honest tho, I very rarely need to use the back seats in my car and when I do I only ever have 4 people in the car so I'm not sure whether size thing would bother me. I'll just have to see how it drives i suppose!!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My ears are burning:D
    draffodx wrote: »
    +1

sound advice

+2

Umm.... dumb question here but why have you restricted yourself to just Peugeots?? I quite like them but I don't think they're the be-all-and-end-all. There are a variety of cars for all occasions so it's never a case of this or that. 308 is just which will devalue a 307 sooner even though today it is the superior car.

More often than not, those who buy these cars usually buy them in a seems to fit the bill fashion while not being 'into' cars. In my observation hatch buyers usually buy cars that are a size too small out of a perceived saving of money and compromise greatly.

What kind of usage do you have? Annual mileage, road sizes etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭niamh4626

Well I have thought about what car I could afford and peugeot were the only car I likes the look of in my budget. I decided to get a new 207, its due in this week so WOOHOO!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kill-joy

forget that 207, peugeot havent made a great looking car since the 205, the 306 aint bad but the 205gti is the ultimate hot hatch, it will make a bold statement to drive one of them around, got to be into your car and all the problems you will recieve if you ever get one of these, I know mine doesnt start, anyway just a suggestion.CTI-capote[1].jpg

Advertisement