Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lian Li V2100

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi folks,

Does anyone know ANYWHERE in Ireland that stocks Lian Li cases where I might get a hold of a V2100 Black?

I've had one ordered on a UK website for a week, and when I phoned them this morning to find out where it was (Was due to arrive yesterday) I was told they are out of stock and didn't know when they'd have them in next. Idiots didn't even bother letting me know this. I want to find somewhere else I can pick one up from, so that I can cancel the order I have with these fools.

Cheers,
    B

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dabs sells them - This is the listing of their range. Delivery with them can be a bit hit and miss though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Beachnut

Dabs sell Lian Li, unfortunately they don't stock the monstrous V2100 though. Seems like no one does which is annoying as its a sweet piece of kit.

Cheers,
    B

Alternative I suppose would be Overclockers.co.uk, but tis out of stock there (and I have a feeling that's where you already got the run-around from :))

Actually no, I was using EclipseComputers who are the fools currently providing the always fun "run-around".

I'm going on lunch now, but if I come back to find they still haven't provided an estimated date from their Purchases Dept, I'll be giving some poor unfortunate in Sales another earful.

I guess I could always pick up a cheap case on Komplett temporarily (Considering my entire planned Lian Li innards are currently sitting on my floor) to get everything set up and running, and then transfer it into the Lian Li whenever Eclipse get the finger out and deliver it. I'll decide when they give me a date estimate.

Edit: Just sent a web enquiry to overclockers to see when they'll have it back in stock. Let's see who gets back to me faster, OverClockers or Eclipse :)

Cheers,
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Beachnut wrote: »
    Actually no, I was using EclipseComputers who are the fools currently providing the always fun "run-around".

I'm going on lunch now, but if I come back to find they still haven't provided an estimated date from their Purchases Dept, I'll be giving some poor unfortunate in Sales another earful.

I guess I could always pick up a cheap case on Komplett temporarily (Considering my entire planned Lian Li innards are currently sitting on my floor) to get everything set up and running, and then transfer it into the Lian Li whenever Eclipse get the finger out and deliver it. I'll decide when they give me a date estimate.

Edit: Just sent a web enquiry to overclockers to see when they'll have it back in stock. Let's see who gets back to me faster, OverClockers or Eclipse :)

Cheers,
    B

Dont hold your breath for either. Glad you didnt try dabs, as all you will get is a scripted responce.

• Advertisement

No no... I DID try Dabs and got...

Dear Customer,

Please click on the link below which will forward you to our website where you are able to search for information such as price, spec and availability of all the products available for purchase.
    www.dabs.com.
    Which amazingly does absolutely nothing to answer my query. Ireland really needs a heavy duty competitor to Komplett. I use Komplett for bits and pieces (Actually bought most of the innards of my soon to be new machine from Komplett), but they don't always have a huge variety.
    Cheers,
    B

Well OverClockers.co.uk won the race, Eclipse still haven't contacted me, even though I chased them up again with another email an hour ago. Unfortunately OverClockers response translated to "We don't know when we'll have it in stock. Check back later."

So... I'm more than likely gonna have my girlfriends brother pick up the Lian Li case in Spain for me, and ship it over. Anyone have a suggestion on a dirt cheap temporary case from Komplett which will accomodate a 30.5 cm x 23.4 cm mobo and a 15 cm x 16 cm x 8.5 cm PSU? I'm thinking to keep the case price under 50 bills, as once the Lian Li eventually turns up, the other one will be retired early :D

Cheers,
    B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dabs have some wicked cheap cases that hold standard psu and mobo's

Beachnut, are you in Dublin? I have a spare case here that I'd be only too happy to give you for a few sheckles if it suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Kharn wrote: »
    Beachnut, are you in Dublin? I have a spare case here that I'd be only too happy to give you for a few sheckles if it suits you.

oi you, no pimping your dirty wares here :p

• Advertisement

I'm trying to help a brother builder out! Wasn't even gonna sell it but if a man is stuck, no point in him paying full price for a case he won't be keeping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Terms.htm

Kustom PC stock them and they do ship to Europe....

Ups...Sorry....
    you can reorder silver one and black is out of stock..........

OK , so I found Caseking.de has it in stock ,but they only accept bank transfer . and delivery is 30E-not to bad....
    Anyone has business with them before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

kustompcs were great to deal with i got my case off them and they threw in a rad cut for me for free cause i was ordering alot of stuff off them. They top rate and they might cost a bit more but they're customer service is great, unlike overclockers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I bought my v1000 quite cheap off ??? (damn, some french site, KoolPC maybe?). Ordered over christmas and it took a good while, but I can't be sure was it their usual service or a bit of the christmas slowdown, but if you're willing to wait then they are very cheap.

Kharn wrote: »

Actually I am indeed in Dublin, Sandyford to be exact.

However, Eclipse have finally given in to my constantly harassment, and arranged to have their Lian Li supplier ship the case directly to me. I've been promised it will be with me today, or latest tomorrow.

Edit: By the way, its the silver case they are sending me. Black V2100s seem to be out of stock just about everywhere and no one can give a date for them to be back in :(

Should they fail once again I'll be cancelling the order and having the Lian Li case shipped in from Spain, and I'll give you a shout to see about taking your spare off you.

Cheers,
    B

Glad to hear you're getting some success!

Dunno about success. Less irritation certainly :)

Eclipse have about 26 hrs to cough up the goods or they get another unfortunate cust service guy chewed out.

I think regardless of whether they come through with the case now though, I won't be going back to using them for anything else. Their customer service probably sucks more than Dell and with the amount of messing around we get from Dell in the office, that's really saying something.

Cheers,
    B

Well the case turned up finally, and I hit problems right away. The backplate to be attached to the PSU seemed to have been cut wrong. Have a standard 750W PSU and if I screw it in on one side of the plate, the other side is about 5-6 mms off the screw hole on the PSU.

Apart from that, and my noob-ish slow speed at this, I've managed to build my first machine from scratch since college all those years back. Got an OS on it last night, when I get home today, I get to see what else I can do with it...

Cheers,
    B

• Advertisement
Advertisement