Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i do my post grad here?

• 21-02-2008 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Thinking of doing my post grad in NUI Maynooth.
    Whats different here that I wouldn't get in Dublin?

Would you reccomend it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Well for a start it's a smaller and friendlier environment, you are more likely to run into people you know etc. Plus if you are plannng on moving down it is less expensive to rent than Dublin. Maynooth is great imo.I would recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

what are you planning on?

I also love maynooth, but am biased as ive lived here for 5 years now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 caminowebmaster

I am the opposite I don't recommend it. I found it too small and too difficult to get back and forward to Dublin, for the first year it was great - it felt like I lived in the countryside - after that it felt claustrophobic - just a bit too small.

Additionally NUIM is very good in some areas and not so in others. They appear to excel in Education training and some areas of science - I studied arts - English & Philosophy - English was fine, philosophy not so as it was heavily influenced by religion and therefore not wide ranging enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

go for it did ine here and still livin in maynooth 6yrs since i finished school best place ever and its so handy to get into work to dub well i drive i suppose. i also think that i am tryin to hold on to some of my student life. I studied english and history plus ma in history and both departments wer the best and staff and people real friendly and helpful so i would choose nuim good luck

Advertisement