Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courier service between France and Ireland

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I run an online business that's doing pretty well. I sell stuff that is quite heavy (average ~2kg, max ~20kg). For the heavier stuff, 5kg and over, Fastway will deliver anywhere in Ireland for €10 + VAT.

Now I'm considering moving to France and am wondering if it would be feasible to continue running the business from there and shipping back to Ireland. To do this and to be competitive, I need to find a courier service that ships to Ireland from France for a reasonable rate. Does anyone know of such a service or have experience of this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Hi folks,

I run an online business that's doing pretty well. I sell stuff that is quite heavy (average ~2kg, max ~20kg). For the heavier stuff, 5kg and over, Fastway will deliver anywhere in Ireland for €10 + VAT.

Now I'm considering moving to France and am wondering if it would be feasible to continue running the business from there and shipping back to Ireland. To do this and to be competitive, I need to find a courier service that ships to Ireland from France for a reasonable rate. Does anyone know of such a service or have experience of this?

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, these fellas will courier from anywhere. Not sure of the rates

Target Transport 01 8623522

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

Thanks Elvis.

They seem to be based in Ireland so I'm assuming it would be a matter of them coming over to France and bringing stuff back which sounds expensive.

I was more thinking of a regular service between France and Ireland. My Google searches haven't been very fruitful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Ask interlink. They ship a lot of stock through France from Dell (land-bridge) so there should be empty containers returning. Maybe they have a depot both in France & Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭CapedCrusader

LOL... did another google search and I see "Courier Services from France to Ireland" and I think wohoo... just what I'm after. Milliseconds later I realise it's my own boards.ie thread! Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Interlink will be the best bet. They are part of the french postal system.

Expect about €15 - 20.00 cots per parcel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'm assuming it would be a matter of them coming over to France and bringing stuff back which sounds expensive
    Courier companies don't usually operate that way. The package may be subcontracted to any courier company in the vicinity. They'd never run empty to collect a load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Frenchtouch

Hi,
    I m french
    If you have questions or I can help you : don t hesitate to send me a mp
    see you

Advertisement