Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom problems with opening www

Options
  • 21-02-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi,I have 2Mbit with 2 computers(connected wireless) is there any setups to router(netopia)to have really this 2Mbits and fast dl from torrent(i have about 30Kb/s sometimes 150Kb/s but its only sometimes),besides that i have many times connection time out at www pages?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moved from wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

maybe if you manually set the dns in your network settings it will help with the browsing. you can get the first and secondary dns from your router homepage.

for torrents it depends on seeding etc but if you google 'how to speed up torrents' you will get details on the settings that are best to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I had the same problem - Still not sure why - but I had to manually set the DNS servers in the TCP/IP settings

You can use the DNS servers as specified in the router homepage (as already stated above) or use OpenDNS.com - supposed to speed up DNS lookups

Also just to be sure that your connection is ok - run a test on www.speedtest.com

Advertisement