Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blaa Beers

• 21-02-2008 12:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Morning all...

Since we couldn't get any decent crowd for the last Waterford Beers that an attempt to organise was made, Fajitas! suggested last night to give it another try.

I am suggesting we do this sometime in March, and we do as suggested in the previous attempt - head out to Laserblast in Tramore. After, go for a drink in The Vic (also in Tramore) then head into town - either Downses(sp?) or Jeffs (other suggestions? Fire away!)

ANY suggestions - fire away. We could possible rent out a place in town if there was a large number, but gathering from the last attempt there wont be that many.

All are welcome.

Which dates suit you best? Interested in Laserblast? 31 votes

Saturday 1st of March
    0%
    Friday 7th of March
    9%
    azezilAdMMMtimemachine 3 votes
    Saturday 8th of March
    6%
    azezilAdMMM 2 votes
    Friday 14th of March
    6%
    azezilAdMMM 2 votes
    Saturday 15th of March
    9%
    azezilAdMMMFajitas! 3 votes
    Friday 21st of March
    16%
    azezilAdMMMRoenFajitas!sm123_irl 5 votes
    Saturday 22nd of March
    9%
    azezilAdMMMFajitas! 3 votes
    Friday 28th of March
    12%
    azezilAdMMMc - 13Fajitas! 4 votes
    Saturday 29th of March
    6%
    azezilAdMMM 2 votes
    Interested in Laser Blast
    9%
    azezilAdMMMc - 13 3 votes
    Other Date (Please specify!)
    12%
    azezilAdMMMc - 13stick-dan 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Haha, great picture of LaserBlast there!

I'm up for anytime really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Friday 21st of March
    Count me in, pretty much free most weekends.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Haha, great picture of LaserBlast there!

I'm up for anytime really.

My bad.. fixed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Friday 28th of March
    I'm in.

Won't be around the start and end of March, but anything else, and I'm there. Looking forward to Laserblast aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

If i'm free i'm there let me know the date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Late March suits me better, in for laserblast too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

c - 13 wrote: »
    Late March suits me better, in for laserblast too.

How about Saturday 15th of March? A lot of people so far have gone for that date as their best option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I think ill be in Donegal that weekend, its all in the air at the moment though. :(

Okay well let us know, its early days yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

If I can make it down from the wilds of the wesht I will, but atm all the dates are equal for me. :) Only Waterford beer-up I've been to was what, 4 people in Downses a couple of years ago? Time to meet a few more of you lot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

sounds like a plan-just came on to this site so dont know anyone but from what i see yer all sound.so if ye dont mind a new guy comin along plus want to get me hands on that laser gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Again laserblast no BEERS YES
    any date suits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    any date suits

yummmmmmmmmmmm beers:D

henboy9 wrote: »
    sounds like a plan-just came on to this site so dont know anyone but from what i see yer all sound.so if ye dont mind a new guy comin along plus want to get me hands on that laser gun

Great stuff :)
    ROCKMAN wrote: »
    any date suits

Okay, and why no laserblast? Its very enjoyable and if you want to do as little running as possible you can just stand and shoot from one of the bases! You might as well join in on the craic :p
    rohe wrote: »
    yummmmmmmmmmmm beers:D

Interested? All dates?

Poll is closed, will sort it out within a week or two. Any suggestions or if anyone wants to add there support - post away. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Might pop my head in and say hello. Thing with going to tramore is tis costly to get a taxi back into town and that. I think it would be better to just meet up for a few jars instead.

Some of us should be driving (at least I will be). Buses from town cost €2.70 (I think). Taxis would be about 20sh euro normally. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

HI
    Can sungod go on this night out?
    I would say he would be a good laugh.
    He has not posted in ages??Anyone hear from him?
    I enjoy his posts,he brings a bit of life to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

bus sounds like a good option must check time tables

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's two different bus companys services Tramore to waterford and both are under 3e a trip so transport back in even for those without cars ain't too bad.

I get the new Kavanaghs bus to/from Tramore a good lot these days and I have to say its miles better the Bus Eireann and plus its better value :)

What dates are we "kinda" looking at for this event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

joe25 wrote: »
    HI

yeah didn't see any posts from him in ages,tbh i thought he was a bit weird at first but got ta really enjoy his banter, yeah he is a good laugh! where is he:confused:

joe25 wrote: »
    HI

He was temp banned from the forum for trolling. All are welcome to the beers, its a public house and not a private event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Sully wrote: »
    He was temp banned from the forum for trolling. All are welcome to the beers, its a public house and not a private event :)

call me silly now but whats trolling???:confused:

pommers wrote: »
    call me silly now but whats trolling???:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Now i have my access back :p ( cheers Sully ) I'd be mroe then happy to attend the beers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Sully wrote: »

again? did you not ban him before sully? must be a bit of a grudge or something there. did he turn down your drunken advances??
    i can just imagine it..........
    hey look kid, thanks for the offer but i just dont swing that way. ok?
    but but, but, thats it, you're banned!!!!

or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

So this is next week then?

longshanks wrote: »
    again? did you not ban him before sully? must be a bit of a grudge or something there. did he turn down your drunken advances??
    i can just imagine it..........
    hey look kid, thanks for the offer but i just dont swing that way. ok?
    but but, but, thats it, you're banned!!!!

or something

I don't think he was ever banned by me before. He received plenty of warnings and ignored them all. Its his own fault he got banned and he had plenty of chances to stop. Besides, its not even permanent. Regardless, if you think he was hard done by this is not the place to discuss it. Please go to Feedback. No more discussion on the matter here please, thanks.

Murderer: I'm waiting on Fajitas!, he is due back from holidays today. It was his idea so we will both confirm the date hopefully later this weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Friday 28th of March
    Back!

So what days are suiting people at the moment? Would the 15th be alright?

• Advertisement

Most people went for the 15th alright.. Fine for me :)

Advertisement