Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blaa Beers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

Hey sully are u going to show the lads one of tramores nicest pubs ,"marthas"
    its a great experience for those who havent been there before. i love the place. i remember walking into the place for the first time and she asked me who i was and then she started rattleing out all my older relations that she knew and knows

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

She wont be open by the time we leave Tramore for Waterford! Twould be nice though.

aww what a shame. is the itinary open to the public?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Open to everyone of course. Its not strictly a Boardsies event!

If we are leaving late(sh) from Tramore we should be able to slip in for one into Marthas, but if not, alas another time!

As per announcement...

The poll has closed and the board has reached a decision.. We find, the date for the Waterford (Blaa) Beers to be Saturday, March 15th!

This is not a strict Boards.ie/Waterford Boards event. Boardsies and Non Boardsies from all corners of the country are welcome! The more the merrier!

Unless there are objections, I will book Laserblast for 8PM. I will book us in for a full hour at a cost of €11 per person.

At 9PM, we will then head up to The Vic, Tramore. Its located on Queen Street. After that, we will head into Downses in Thomas Street, Waterford.

Tramore is well serviced by public transport. Buses (Kenealys do a service for €2 to Tramore, while Bus Eireann cost €2.70) and Taxis (usually €20-25 euro into Tramore from Waterford). For more information on getting to Tramore from Waterford, check out the transport page on Discover Tramore

If your not from the area, you can arrange to stay in a B&B in the town of Tramore. I dont know who else will be driving, but I can offer lifts to people as I dont drink. For more information, check out Discover Tramore

Please let me know if you are attending Laserblast in Tramore BEFORE Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 **newbie**

Sully wrote: »
    As per announcement...

The poll has closed and the board has reached a decision.. We find, the date for the Waterford (Blaa) Beers to be Saturday, March 15th!

This is not a strict Boards.ie/Waterford Boards event. Boardsies and Non Boardsies from all corners of the country are welcome! The more the merrier!

Unless there are objections, I will book Laserblast for 8PM. I will book us in for a full hour at a cost of €11 per person.

At 9PM, we will then head up to The Vic, Tramore. Its located on Queen Street. After that, we will head into Downses in Thomas Street, Waterford.

Tramore is well serviced by public transport. Buses (Kenealys do a service for €2 to Tramore, while Bus Eireann cost €2.70) and Taxis (usually €20-25 euro into Tramore from Waterford). For more information on getting to Tramore from Waterford, check out the transport page on Discover Tramore

If your not from the area, you can arrange to stay in a B&B in the town of Tramore. I dont know who else will be driving, but I can offer lifts to people as I dont drink. For more information, check out Discover Tramore

Please let me know if you are attending Laserblast in Tramore BEFORE Saturday!

Cool, sounds good I am up for that!

Good stuff. Laserblast also yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Small chance I'll make the Vic

More than likely I'll have to catch up with ye in Downes

Ps IF I make Tramore , I have a mate works out of Tramore , drives a eight seater taxi and more than likely he will do me a bit of a deal , In fact I say he'll do a deal even if I am not there. He will probably just need contact name and collection time , Let me know if ye like me to try arrange this.

Good stuff. Laserblast also yes?

Yea, laserblast too, it sounds like a bit of craic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Im in, No laserblast though.

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Small chance I'll make the Vic

More than likely I'll have to catch up with ye in Downes

Ps IF I make Tramore , I have a mate works out of Tramore , drives a eight seater taxi and more than likely he will do me a bit of a deal , In fact I say he'll do a deal even if I am not there. He will probably just need contact name and collection time , Let me know if ye like me to try arrange this.

Joe OShea? Or one of the marked taxis?

Thanks for the offer, think those who head out to Tramore will take ya up on it.

If you make Tramore, feel free to come down to Laserblast. I need a rough figure, but I can add you down as a "maybe". :)

Anti wrote: »
    Im in, No laserblast though.

Afraid of a bit of competition there Anti?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Other Date (Please specify!)
    I'm out - I'll be up the country that weekend. Ill catch ye next time round though.

c - 13 wrote: »
    I'm out - I'll be up the country that weekend. Ill catch ye next time round though.

Damn you :P We might have one the next weekend, a few of us should be around at least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Other Date (Please specify!)
    Well if your out in town give me a shout, ill probably be around then or if theres ever a sunday afternoon pint going in tramore i'm generally down there every sunday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Joe OShea? Or one of the marked taxis?

Thanks for the offer, think those who head out to Tramore will take ya up on it.

If you make Tramore, feel free to come down to Laserblast. I need a rough figure, but I can add you down as a "maybe". :)

TONY Atlantic cabs
    build for pub games only, have a stroke if i tried any energetic (no joke )

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    TONY Atlantic cabs
    build for pub games only, have a stroke if i tried any energetic (no joke )

Ah yes, iv seen the cab around the place. :)

Fair enough, we shall see you in the pub!

ill probably be in the vic at that time anyway as its kinda me local. ill go over and say hi to ye. the vic is gonna be busy that night.
    not sure about going into downses though i gets a nose bleed as soon as i pass the halfway house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

count me in also sully -is that where south used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Hey cabaal, you going?

• Advertisement

henboy9 wrote: »
    count me in also sully -is that where south used to be

Nope, laserblast in the Riverstown Industrial Estate. See one of my earlier posts for transport!

Anyone else coming?!

so is there many ppl goin to teh 'lazerblast'/pub?

BTW what were the times and meeting points again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I'll try my best, but I'm working til 6 in Sligo, so it'll be about 11 before I hit Tramore, save me a seat and warm up a pint for me!

Laserblast is at 8PM and The Vic, Tramore is at 9PM. When we leave the vic for town, I can imagine it would be about 10sh or later.. If anyone wants me to call or text them when leaving, send me a PM with your number.

good stuff see ye all at laserblast for 8

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

grr didn;t realise this is on tomorrow, I'm off to Kilkenny for the week so won't be able to attend,

It seems that we can not get Laserblast for tommrow as we have to many. I originally was told they could slot us in but when I called back I was told we have to many (they have 13 people already there at that time). I think the first girl I spoke to may have been a bit confused, as there rushed of there feet down there!

There willing to put us down on Sunday if we want to sweat out the hangovers?!

Iv contacted a few people so far, and 3 have confirmed Sunday to be okay.

It seems that we can not get Laserblast for tommrow as we have to many. I originally was told they could slot us in but when I called back I was told we have to many (they have 13 people already there at that time). I think the first girl I spoke to may have been a bit confused, as there rushed of there feet down there!

There willing to put us down on Sunday if we want to sweat out the hangovers?!

Iv contacted a few people so far, and 3 have confirmed Sunday to be okay.
    NO WORRIES --IS IT THE SAME TIME SUNDAY

• Advertisement

Aye.. 8PM unless there are objections.

Note: Ill only book it if I can get at least 8 people.

Advertisement