Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to attempt the daily commute by bike

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

el tonto wrote: »
    It's possible to be both stylish and visible.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The point that hi vis won't help if someone isn't looking at you, is bit of a blind alley, (pun intended). You'll never know how many people saw you because of it. I it raises the awareness of cyclists generally, is that not a good thing? I think people that are put off ccylcing because of an idea its dangerous aren't going to be influenced much by hi-vis gear. You could argue they'll be encouraged by the site of more obvious people on the road.

Swings and roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Well I done the first part of my new daily cycle today and it was considerably easier than my worst fears but still tough enough.
    As expected my commuting time was halved and that can only improve with time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

You're seriously going to love the trip home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Fair play mate, I hope you enjoyed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't let that wind today put you off, it's the exception. Phew! :)

Although I managed to hit 60km/h this morning on the way in. That was fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

seamus wrote: »
    Don't let that wind today put you off, it's the exception. Phew! :)

Although I managed to hit 60km/h this morning on the way in. That was fun. :)

Yeah the wind yesterday was a bastard but the cycle in this morning and yesterday was a joy and probably worth the struggle home

Advertisement