Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Longford

Options
  • 21-02-2008 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,
    I have just accepted a job in Longford and will be moving over at the end of March. I am looking for advice on where to live and, probably more importantly, where not to live. I have a wife and young daughter so not really bothered about nightlife, just pleasant, safe environs. I am willing to commute up to around 40 mins. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

General rule of thumb is North Longford cheaper, South/East Longford more expensive. This is mainly due to N4 access and commuting times to Dublin. There's also some effect from Athlone and Mullingar.

First question is do you want to live in a town/estate or in the countryside.
    Longford Town has good and bad areas and a visit to a few of the local estate agents will tell you all you need to know. The best of the villages are probably Abbeyshrule and Ardagh, though I'm sure there are more. For rural living there's a hugh range.

I'd recommend spending a Saturday morning looking through the estate agents in Longford Town and then spend a few hours wandering the countryside and getting the feel of the place. For the size of the county it's remarkably easy to get lost when you leave the N roads, so bring a good map.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kopkillers

How did the move go?
    I may be moving myself soon...

Advertisement