Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Ah..think theres a bit of misunderstanding...its not that we never have sex..we just dont do it as much as Id like..I dont inititate coz I dont want to pester and then make him feel bad like he cant keep up. Id happily do it 3 or more times a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

ah i can see where you are coming from you definitly dont want to damage his ego because that is something a guy will never get over... well to be honest i cant think of a solution for you besides 'flying solo' sorry ill try think about it more for you

nikki 122 wrote: »
    ah i can see where you are coming from you definitly dont want to damage his ego because that is something a guy will never get over... well to be honest i cant think of a solution for you besides 'flying solo' sorry ill try think about it more for you

Ah thanks chicks, Ive spoken to him bout it but I think maybe Im doin it wrong and its translating in boy language to 'your crap!' somehow...

Puddleduck wrote: »
    Ah thanks chicks, Ive spoken to him bout it but I think maybe Im doin it wrong and its translating in boy language to 'your crap!' somehow...

Yup.

Tell him u love him and want him all the time. Anything that boosts the ego. Implying "Im not satisfied" will kill the poor dudes confidence resulting in less action for u as that would lower his sex drive.

yea, good advice there neil1984. I love the guy to bits and the sex is great and everything its just my mental sex drive thats the problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭nikki 122

good advice neil1984 lads opinions help more in these situations than girls do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sosusie

panda100 wrote: »
    Have to admit Im suprised by the response's here. Maybe Im just odd but sex to me is completyly irrelavant in a relationship. In fact most of my boyfriends I never slept with and two of them I was going out with for about a year. Its not that I dont like doing physical stuff,I do but its just not a big thing for me at all.
    To me a relationship is about building up trust and a really good connection and you dont need to have sex to do that. Saying that I agree you need a physical attraction cos without that then its just friendship territory.

I have to say. Maybe you have not had great sex yet....... It's very addictive. The more you have the more you want it. When its not there you still want it....
    I'm talking from a long term relationship. So, I suppose our friendship is solid. So I would think about the sex more...when did we do it last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sex is a vital part of a relationship. IMO, and as others have said, a relationship without sex is a friendship.

I think in a longterm relationship the drive can wane especially if you're living together but its all about making an effort.

I saw a statistic about sex in a longterm relationship and it said something like 70% of time you could take it or leave it, 20% it is fine and 10% it is mindblowing. I think it was an article saying how sex and sexual drives have been distorted by films and media so people are under more pressure to be having mindblowing sex all the time and we think we've failed if its not like that.

For me, the most special thing about sex in a longterm relationship is the sense of intimacy. You can't get that from a fling.

Advertisement