Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fixing a broken 360

• 21-02-2008 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi,

MY Xbox360 is semi dead. It wont play any discs (unreadable disc error message) but it plays the arcade fine.

I know a lad who says he can fix it for €60 but I'm just wondering what the implications are regarding Xbox Live if I get my Xbox fixed this way. Will it stop me going online?

Also, has this happened to anyone before and what did they get done? I dont want to spend €60 and it breakdown on me a week later?

Any help would be appreciated guys. I need this fixed before GTA comes out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

If your under warrenty just ship it back to microsoft.
    The fix probably applys to the red rings which doesn't sound like your problem.
    I'm guessing your dvd drive is broken, which if replaced incorrectly will probably stop you going online.
    Ship it back, you've still got a month before GTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Or if your out of your 1 year warrenty then force the RROD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ciano1 wrote: »
    Or if your out of your 1 year warrenty then force the RROD

How do you force RROD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

why no just log the call and say rrod and that you have trouble reading disks from time to time, once they accept the call they will still fix any problem they come accross.
    I got mine back and I noticed that if you open the tray mid game the disk come out spinning I told them It was eating disks and not reading them also. Three weeks later I have a new console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Its well past the warranty now (got it at launch). I'm getting so frustrated now I'm nearly considering a PS3 :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

think with the red lights you have an extended warranty up to 3 years or so.

Advertisement