Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What car should I buy???? help.

Options
  • 21-02-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I am looking to buy a mini mpv, and am completely stumped. Has anyone any recommendations or warnings on certain makes and models. I was looking at a toyota corolla verso ( second hand) but they are really expensive. Is there a make and model with the same spec or reliability that I should consider.

My old car is fiat... and really turned into a "fix it again tomorrow" version. So I'm a little traumatised....

Thankyou !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

Whats your budget?
    Do you need 7 seats or will 5 do?
    How many child seats (if any) will you be fitting?
    Petrol or Diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mmr wrote: »
    My old car is fiat... and really turned into a "fix it again tomorrow" version. So I'm a little traumatised

There is no absolutely ideal, abolutely reliable cars at a nice price that are cheap to run. As you discovered with Toyotas- you get reliability at a premium price but are otherwise disappointing. I reckon the best of all worlds and the shrewd money is a cheap to buy, 'expensive' (:rolleyes:) to run cars are the really clever purchase.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=891263 Extremely:eek:reliable, safe, practical, desireable- this ones manual but most are auto so great for the long and the short journeys alike. These yokes are truly the most under-rated cars on our roads and contrary to popular belief are quite affordable to run- and anyway, you can offset your additional running costs by spending less on purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ford Focus C-Max might fit the bill. Not available as a 7 seater though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

How about a Mitsubishi Spacestar..very reliable car

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=927902

Ford S-Max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I like the s max, good value for money.................but the toyota is expensive because of demand and the demand is there for a reason, people like yourself that have had bad experiences and fair enough toyota do after sales and reliability well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

mmr wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a mini mpv, and am completely stumped. Has anyone any recommendations or warnings on certain makes and models. I was looking at a toyota corolla verso ( second hand) but they are really expensive. Is there a make and model with the same spec or reliability that I should consider.
    Ultimately, the Toyota Verso, although expensive is probably one of the best options. Ultra reliable. Stay away from the french cars I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

I thought I read somewhere that the verso was prone to engine failures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Ford S-Max.

Great car but hardly a mini MPV - It's feckin huge!
    If OP is looking for a mini MPV I'm presuming 7 seats aren't that important
    I'd recommend the Ford Fusion if you're looking for something a little smaller - they're cheap with a decent sized (and low) boot and the diesel is very reliable if you can get one. The C-Max would be my choice though it's a better car overall.
    Verso is good too but damn expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

The honda jazz my be all the car you ever need.Very well built, nippy engines, very reliable and clever when it comes to space. Nice looking as well IMO.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Honda/Jazz/1.4-SPORT/880423/

The 1.4 sport model is great fun.You dont see many of them but they're a great less obvious buy IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement