Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plumbing costs !

• 21-02-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I received a quote for a 251m² house,

Oil boiler in garage
    Solar system
    Rad type central heating with 3 zones
    Wood pellet stove with boiler
    No santiary ware

Lucky I was sitting down when I got it......€46755 :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Surely some type of mistake there slates!

I have Oil condensing boiler in garage along with solar panels on garage
    27 rads three rooms underfloor heating 4 heating zones! Everything supplied except white goods €21,700 and €16,500 and i thought that was a bit expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

I got quote for 29 rads and oil condensing boiler plus about 15 metres insulated pipe (boiler in garage) for 18k (inc. VAT). I know this is expensive.

For underfloor instead of rads this was going to rise to 24k. I feel this is worse.

He wanted 12k to plumb the water to the house, supply and fit softener, all white goods fitted (not supplied), kitchen sink fitted. He was supplying the necessary piping. This sounds terrible. Am I correct in this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

sas wrote: »
    I got quote for 29 rads and oil condensing boiler plus about 15 metres insulated pipe (boiler in garage) for 18k (inc. VAT). I know this is expensive.

For underfloor instead of rads this was going to rise to 24k. I feel this is worse.

He wanted 12k to plumb the water to the house, supply and fit softener, all white goods fitted (not supplied), kitchen sink fitted. He was supplying the necessary piping. This sounds terrible. Am I correct in this?

21 rads and oil condensing boiler in garage (40ft) 3 zones,special order cylinder for the hot press no ware supplied 16600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Love to know where you guys are located.
    Condensing boiler, 8 rads, H&C to 4 bathrooms, Kitchen and Utility. Plumb in all sanitary ware. 13,000 excl. VAt. Limerick City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

30 rads, oil condensing boiler, 2 solar panels, triple coil 300l stainless steel cylinder, 6 zone systemzone (from systemlink), 5 room stats, waterford stanley erin stove, 4 pumped trevi showers, no sanitary ware, no bath, 9 circulating pumps(1 for stove, 1 for boiler, 7 for systemlink!).
    the heating is just on so will have a few more things to get but nothing drastic.
    20K incl VAT for material. no labour.

3.5k for sanitary ware not incl bath.
    based in Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

21 rads with t/stats , oil boiler, 2 heating zones, with t/stats 3 bar pump, 300l cylinder - materials 5k
    all sanitory ware for 2 on suites, downstair loo, main bathroom to include free standing bath 4.5k, labour 3k . But 2 brothers and son are plumbers as is my first cousin, hence the really good prices and also very low labour cost. All in total cost 12.5k

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Slates

Got another quote €15,500, and the plumber will take case so we should be able to knock more off the price :D

Same spec. as last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Slates

sas wrote: »
    Same spec. as last time?

When I striped down the quotes like for like

1st quote €29,000

2nd quote €15,500

The first "Green" company were really taking the mick !!!

How the hell can there be €13,500 in the difference !

• Advertisement

Slates wrote: »
    When I striped down the quotes like for like

1st quote €29,000

2nd quote €15,500

The first "Green" company were really taking the mick !!!

How the hell can there be €13,500 in the difference !

There's hope for me so! €13500 would represent a good 3 months salary to alot of people in this country. Good luck with the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭getfit

Hey slates.

Just to clasrify, the quote for 15,500 included everything in your first post - labour and materials for Oil boiler, Solar system. I assume about 20 or so Rads with 3 zones, Wood pellet stove with back boiler.
    Even though the quote doesn't include sanitary ware - does it include the labour for putting it in???

Looks like a good all in figure with the solar panels

Advertisement