Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is The Best Kebab In Dublin?

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

There's an indian take away called 'kebabish' that do amazing kebab's! The borza kebab's are probably the best chipper kebab's, anyone know of any other places? or homemade ones that are nice? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Zaytoon by a mile

The meat is produce on site, which is much beet that the crap in Abra or chippers and they make their own bread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

oblivious wrote: »
    Zaytoon by a mile

The meat is produce on site, which is much beet that the crap in Abra or chippers and they make their own bread

I second Zaytoon, it is food you'd actually eat while you were sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

oblivious wrote: »
    Zaytoon by a mile

I have found some kebab bread to be very rubbery, and hard to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcfecked

Iskanders on Dame St.

Amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Haven't had an Iskanders in ages so can't comment anymore. Zaytoon is the business. Have frequently eaten there sober as well as drunk. Not many places I would do that for a kebab in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

djkeogh wrote: »
    Haven't had an Iskanders in ages so can't comment anymore. Zaytoon is the business. Have frequently eaten there sober as well as drunk. Not many places I would do that for a kebab in fairness.

I think that is really the litmus test really... "would you eat there sober?!"

In a different surrounding, Brasserie Sixty6 do a really smashing lamb chunks on a skewer thing (posh kebab). Juicy and tasty mmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Momo's on Aungier Street opposite the DIT has the best kebab. Better than both Zaytoon and Iskander's... and cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Zaytoon carries the BGRH seal of approval, and in fairness if anyone knows about kebabs it's the Brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Iskanders & Zaytoon.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Mcfecked wrote: »
    Iskanders on Dame St.

Amazing!!

+1 best i've had so far. must be the sauce :)

momos on the quays = terrible food, terrible service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Sultan on George's Street, used to like Zaytoon until I went there, they are sooooooo good! I always get the lamb kebab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Chili Sauce in Iskanders is bleedin' gorgeous.

The meat in Zaytoon is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

DesF wrote: »
    The Chili Sauce in Iskanders is bleedin' gorgeous.

The meat in Zaytoon is lovely.

Sounds like a experiment for a drunken Friday nite ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Zaytoon, without a shadow of a doubt. Their donner kebab meal is cheap and delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

I'm with Galadriel on this one, Sultan.

Best.
    Kebabs.
    Ever.

100% FACT!

PS. Did you know that 'Zaytoon' is the name of a big shopping mall in Tehran?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

I would have to give my vote to Zaytoon also, it has the sober vote as well as the lovely drunken food one too! Iskanders is good too, but id prefer Zaytoon every time

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

On the recommendations of this thread I tried a donner kebab in Zaytoons yesterday. It was yummy! I've only had their burgers before (one of the tastiest I've ever had btw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭rasoul

kebabish, without a doubt, lovely naan bread, it is on the street heading into town from harolds cross canal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Zaytoons? Jahsus, and to think I walk past there nearly every day going to work in Whelans. Gotta get meself one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Although I prefer Sultan I work around the corner from Zaytoon and popped in there yesterday lunch time for a very tasty lamb kebab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Gyalist wrote: »
    Momo's on Aungier Street opposite the DIT has the best kebab. Better than both Zaytoon and Iskander's... and cheaper too.

No way!!! Momo's is awful! They put a few slices of lamb (or chicken) into an ordinary pitta bread and call it a kebab. Cheap muck!

The best is either Zaytoon or Sultan. I haven't eaten an Iskander's kebab in so long, I think I might have to get on tonight to see what they are like.

Has anyone been to kebab k-lub? I had one from the one in Fairview and it was cheap and tasted nice (but unsoberly) I see there is one behind Stephens Green Shop also. What is this one like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

WindSock wrote: »
    Has anyone been to kebab k-lub? I had one from the one in Fairview and it was cheap and tasted nice
    That place in Fairview is one of the filthiest hovels I have ever had the misfortune to set foot inside.

It didn't taste nice, that was the alcohol.

It used to be a Abrakebabra, but Abra took the franchise off the owners.

That must say something.

I wouldn't eat there if it was the last kebab house on the planet.

It's like Abra's cheaper, skankier, sluttier little sister.

Ew.

WindSock wrote: »
    Has anyone been to kebab k-lub? I had one from the one in Fairview and it was cheap and tasted nice (but unsoberly) I see there is one behind Stephens Green Shop also. What is this one like?

The one on Stephen's Street? I wouldn't even think about it.

Oh right so. I only ever eat chicken ones. I guess I will try to avoid it now if I am sober.

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread but I have to withdraw my vote for Momo's.

The clear winner is Kebabish on Clanbrassil Street. I was walking by a few days ago, noticed the sign and remembered this thread. It was worth it. They served my chicken shawarma with a tangy, tamarind sauce as well as the usual garlic sauce and it was out of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

King Kebab Dorset St proper Turkish one own bread and a €5:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I haven't tried Zaytoon buts definitely on the must try soon list. Iskanders though Is the best Kebab place I've been to so far. *Drools*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

hobochris wrote: »
    I haven't tried Zaytoon buts definitely on the must try soon list. Iskanders though Is the best Kebab place I've been to so far. *Drools*

Iskanders is nice but Zaytoon definitely the best! Try it and you'll see.

Ask for a lamb shish, not a doner. It's excellent. (the chicken shish is good too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Iskanders is nice but Zaytoon definitely the best! Try it and you'll see.

Ask for a lamb shish, not a doner. It's excellent. (the chicken shish is good too).

Iskanders *was* nice, the place burned and it is now closed

Advertisement