Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Improv Movement - 23rd February 2008, 4.30pm.

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Has anyone heard about this or seen one before ??? Read about it in the metro this morning and am curious to see it now. Apparantly on Grafton Street between M&S and BT, at half four. Hmmmm. Think I'll take a trip into town on Saturday to have a goo !!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I was reading this myself on the way to work this morning, I am going to check out the NY one and see what it's like, I remember reading - it confuses the human - lol, ****ing right, imagine what the tourists will think :)

Thanks for reminding me of this. Don't know whether I will be able to make it in but should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd imagine lots of scumbags are going to love this.... I wouldn't 'freeze' while on your mobile or looking through your wallet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Surely this is the exact opposite of improv?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

People are taking the cue from a group called Improv Everywhere.
    There are actually a lot of groups planning stuff like this.

I have improvised for years in the States, and this stuff happens now and then in different guises.
    Take the point about a planned freeze 'not being improv', but I think the point is that the 'event' is 'improvised theatre' (which is what improv is at its roots), and that the freeze is only the kicking off part of that (the rest is the passers by, the reactions, the whole thing, and nobody is 'blocked' where to stand etc)

I will be elsewhere, but interested to know how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Jay D wrote: »
    I was reading this myself on the way to work this morning, I am going to check out the NY one and see what it's like, I remember reading - it confuses the human - lol, ****ing right, imagine what the tourists will think :)

Thanks for reminding me of this. Don't know whether I will be able to make it in but should be interesting.

Yeah, think we're going to take a trip in to check it all out, nothing better to be doing on Saturday !!! Haha. :D Wonder how well it will go ... I can't imagine the place totally coming to a halt !!! :cool:
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd imagine lots of scumbags are going to love this.... I wouldn't 'freeze' while on your mobile or looking through your wallet...

Haha yeah, very very good point !!! :p

• Advertisement

Did anyone get to see this on Saturday ??? I was meant to go in but didn't in the end after a fight with the boyfriend !!! :( Was well annoyed !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Did anyone get to see this on Saturday ??? I was meant to go in but didn't in the end after a fight with the boyfriend !!! :( Was well annoyed !!!

There's a vid on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭emkey

I've heard about this while giving Free Hugs on Grafton and had a chance to be one of the frozen people. Cool thing! I'll definitely keep track of Improv on facebook:)

IanCurtis wrote: »
    There's a vid on youtube

Oh cool, cant access youtube from work here so must have a look when I get home !!! :D

Advertisement