Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I want to see a dentist, but Clara doesn't seem to have one & neither does Kilbeggan (according to Goldenpages.ie).

The next nearest places to me, AFAIK, are Tullamore & Moate ... Tullamore has a dozen and Moate just the one, again, according to Goldenpages.ie.

My question is, can anybody recommend any of these dentists as being particularly good or avoid at all costs ?!?!?

Thanks in advance ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

Well, I've gone to the one in Moate and never had any problems with him. Don't rule out going to Athlone either - there are some good dentists there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 declancy

goldenpages.ie now has a rating system, so when you have been to the dentist, rate them and then those ater you will get the benefit or warning:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pubpub

I'd recommend my dentist Billy Delaney beside the courthouse in Tullamore - he's lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Billy Delaney is also my dentist. Would recommend him too, the female dentists that work with him are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

jezza wrote: »
    Billy Delaney is also my dentist. Would recommend him too, the female dentists that work with him are lovely.

Is one of those female dentists not his wife?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Robyn28

Definitly recommend Billy Delaney!!! Very Good!!

Yeah the female dentist is Billy Delaney's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

Well, thanks for your advice, those that answered ... I got my son to ring around all of the Tullamore dentists and ask how much it would cost to see myself & my 6 year old daughter (I'm out of contract at the moment and every penny counts, literally).

I wanted a wisdom tooth out & my wife thought the littl'un needed a filling ... it turned out that not only was Billy Delaney the cheapest option, but his surgery was also the only one that offered me an appointment immediately.

He was very good, pulled my tooth with no fuss, no real pain to me & was very honest ... I'm impressed, would recommend him ... the only thing that I was disappointed with is that it cost me €20 for him to check my 6 year old's teeth & if it took a whole minute I'd be surprised !!!

I know Ireland is an expensive pain in the arse with regard to medical charges, but I thought it was free to have children's teeth checked out ?!?!?!

No, as far as i know its only free for children if they are seen by public dentist through the school system

Advertisement