Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good builders

Options
  • 21-02-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

we are thinking of having a conservatory or sunroom built. can anyone recommend a good and reasonable builder in the tralee area? Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭maims3875

try Mc Gillicuddy aluminium in Clash, they have done a few jobs for me, Speak to con bergen, sales rep.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

evelyn wrote: »
    we are thinking of having a conservatory or sunroom built. can anyone recommend a good and reasonable builder in the tralee area? Thanks very much.

I have come to the conclusion that good (all round) builders don't exist, some are good on some aspects, some are good on other aspects.
    But the one big lesson I have learned over the last few years, never recommend anybody to do anything.

I have went to friends houses, and seen beautiful work, hired same person to do similar job for me
    disaster.

Friends have came to my house, and asked, who done this and who done that.
    Turned out that they were not 100% happy either.

My advise is to bring your prospective builder to see exactly what you want to be done, and ask him to do the same, with any adjustments you want.

Another bit of advise, never, never, never hand over money before the job is complete.

Best of luck with your sun-room, please let us know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭maims3875

I agree that there are good and bad builders out there and there is advantage in using a firm to fit the sun lounge /conseratory, as if it goes wrong, you can get them back. I have personally got a conservatory and a sun room done by McGuillicuddy's. I had a tiny issue with one of the window locks recently and they came back to fix it, even though it was fitted in 2003!

but like dh0661 says, don't pay until completion, and make sure everything is fine before you sign the cheque. (use a cheque or bank draft, for traceability of paymnet) Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 evelyn

thank you so much for your advise and suggestions. will take the bull by the horns and get going!

Advertisement