Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Implementation of the new Learner Permit Law

Options
  • 21-02-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think this will become as farcial as the drivers using mobile phone law...i.e they implement it while its in the news - maybe for 2 months at a stretch, then turn a blind eye again.

Doesnt matter to me, i have my full license but still you would wonder whether the Learners got anything to worry about when driving along - it is the Gardai who are enforcing this after all :rolleyes:

Also, the few who do enforce it after this time probably wont check the odd chancer who had the L-plates taken off the windscreen

In summary, the law is an ass. Only time will tell whether im right though....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well we're all supposed to have our license available for inspection too, so in theory they could license check everybody at tax/insurance/drink checkpoints and by doing so enforce two laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It's the easiest thing in the world to enforce for them, so I'd say they probably will do it. Which makes me a sad panda as I'm still waiting on confirmation for my first test!

Advertisement