Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch replacement cost?

Options
  • 21-02-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

It looks like the clutch in my car is shot. Just wondering if anyone has any idea how much it would cost (roughly) to get it replaced? It’s a 00 Peugeot 206. I reckon it will be in the hundreds (forgive my ignorance on this) :confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

how do you know it is shot, mine is going going going going the past 3000 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

€600???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

cantdecide wrote: »
    €600???
    Not too wide of the mark.

Get a few prices. Obviously a Pug dealer will be most expensive, but a good indy will save a few €€€. Make few phone calls to your local indys and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

cheers lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Redrocket wrote: »
    how do you know it is shot, mine is going going going going the past 3000 miles

When it starts to slip you really should replace it, you can keep going but you will end up damaging the fly wheel which will double the bill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement