Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Somethin that annoys me...

Options
  • 21-02-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Drivin along today behind a lovely silver Audi A4 with a very nice bodykit, very nice car. Stuck to boot lid on left is a RS4 badge, small RS4 badge on sides too. On right of boot lid is 1.9TDi.

Petty I know, but it annoys me when someone goes to the trouble of ordering a nice new car with all the frills and wants people to think its more than the sum of its parts, and then leaves the real badge on the car. If you are vain enough to want people to think its an RS4 get rid of the real badge, idiot!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im after seeing an audi with that discription a few times. Might be the the same car. Anyway theres a 1.9tdi A4 in kilkenny with an Rs4 kit with an S4 badge on the front and a RS4 on the back:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im after seeing an audi with that discription a few times. Might be the the same car. Anyway theres a 1.9tdi A4 in kilkenny with an Rs4 kit with an S4 badge on the front and a RS4 on the back:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I saw exactly the same thing but in dark blue this morning. RS4 badges all over it but still with the 1.9 TDI. No matter how many badges anyone who has a clue is going to know it's not an RS4 - wheel arches etc...

BMW's are huge targets for this. You'll see fake M3's all over the place, or the M5 sticker on a 525i. I really don't see why people do this. It's like wearing a t-shirt that says "I've got a 12" Penis" - when it comes down to it, it's only going to end in disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Had a bit of a chuckle recently at an M5 badge on a 3 series compact! Nearly had me fooled for a minute though!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,853 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

had this conversation with my girlfriend a while back after seeing an RS4 badge alongside a 1.9tdi badge.

She said that most people wouldn't know you can't get an RS4 in 1.9tdi spec. I coutered that those people wouldn't care that it was an 'RS4' - the only people that would know what the RS4 badge means, and would mean something to them, would know it is not an RS4 - so what the hell is the point. She then agreed with me, which is rare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Antone watch the Garage on Discovery? A guy went in with a 3 series cabriolet that he thought(or maybe he did it himslf and played ignorant) was an M3. The Rocker cover had a bootlid M3 badge stuck on it :D.

Whatever about gb****es sticking bdges on themselves but to fall for a con job (and a terrible one at that) and actually speyone it just retarded .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Tauren wrote: »
    had this conversation with my girlfriend a while back after seeing an RS4 badge alongside a 1.9tdi badge.

She said that most people wouldn't know you can't get an RS4 in 1.9tdi spec. I coutered that those people wouldn't care that it was an 'RS4' - the only people that would know what the RS4 badge means, and would mean something to them, would know it is not an RS4 - so what the hell is the point. She then agreed with me, which is rare.

I agree with you too, which is probably even rarer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

ohlordy wrote: »
    Drivin along today behind a lovely silver Audi A4 with a very nice bodykit, very nice car. Stuck to boot lid on left is a RS4 badge, small RS4 badge on sides too. On right of boot lid is 1.9TDi.

Petty I know, but it annoys me when someone goes to the trouble of ordering a nice new car with all the frills and wants people to think its more than the sum of its parts, and then leaves the real badge on the car. If you are vain enough to want people to think its an RS4 get rid of the real badge, idiot!!:mad:

Mate there is an RS4 kit for a car. It just means it has the RS4 kit is all.

I know where your coming from but i can forgive the A4 1.9TDI.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are some nice RS4 replica body kits out there for the A4 but putting an RS4 badge on the left hand side of the boot and having the 1.9 TDi badge on the right is just daft and embarressing to be honest.

Why try and pretend your car is something it is not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

logik wrote: »
    Mate there is an RS4 kit for a car. It just means it has the RS4 kit is all.

I know where your coming from but i can forgive the A4 1.9TDI.

There's no forgiving the 1.9 TDi A4 for pretending to be an RS4. It's probably the second slowest engine available for it. To me it's like saying I'm a really strong man, but actually I'm a puny weed. If someone said that to me I'd conclude they were either joking or an idiot. Same with RS4 badges.
    There's an S-Line kit, and that is allowed to have an S-Line badge, not an RS4 or S4 badge, just the S-Line badge. Then there's the M-tech kit for the Beemers, and they're allowed have the M badge, but not the M3 or M5 badge. That's all fine. But incorrect badging is just stupid.
    There's more tarted up A4 diesels going around with RS4 badges and every time I see one I want to take a chizel to his badge, a mallet to his head, then show him what a real RS4 is like by pulling his 1.9TDi backwards up a steep hill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Stekelly wrote: »
    Antone watch the Garage on Discovery? A guy went in with a 3 series cabriolet that he thought(or maybe he did it himslf and played ignorant) was an M3. The Rocker cover had a bootlid M3 badge stuck on it :D.

Whatever about gb****es sticking bdges on themselves but to fall for a con job (and a terrible one at that) and actually speyone it just retarded .

Yes, I saw that episode on discovery. I really dont get people who spend thousands on cars without doing even some basic research. Then at the end he couldnt get the car started, so he got it towed back to the garage. Route Cause? No petrol left. What a thick.

Heres one here:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=821077. Also has crap tyres (Lexani? :( ). Seems more show than go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

logik wrote: »
    Mate there is an RS4 kit for a car. It just means it has the RS4 kit is all

ummm....I'm pretty sure it just means it has a cheap halfords RS4 badge. That is unless you can get 1.9TDi A4s with widearches and sills in steel....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Yes, I saw that episode on discovery. I really dont get people who spend thousands on cars without doing even some basic research. Then at the end he couldnt get the car started, so he got it towed back to the garage. Route Cause? No petrol left. What a thick.

Heres one here:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=821077. Also has crap tyres (Lexani? :( ). Seems more show than go.

Holy carp- that yoke doesn't even have sports suspension. That is one mucky looking Audi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Guess this is the modern version of the old "M tech" badge craze on E30's during the '90's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Worst I've seen is a 4 door Honda Civic with a huge integra type r sticker covering the side of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's a diesel M3! :rolleyes:

DieselM3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There are a lot of RS4 1.9TDIs going around alright. I reckon ebay is the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

RS4 badges/kits on TDI A4s are becoing very very popular- its almost got to the point where its the stereotypical car bought up the onrth and cleared down here!!

Ive no objection to a nice RS4 kit if you

A. leave the TDI badge in place and dont put anr RS4 badges on it.

or

B. Take all the badges of and be honest when soem one enquires about the engine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I always thought the right way to do this sort of thing was to pull the top-of-the-line badges off the (top-of-the-line!) car, and replace them with the badges off the poverty spec ones. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Rovi wrote: »
    I always thought the right way to do this sort of thing was to pull the top-of-the-line badges off the (top-of-the-line!) car, and replace them with them badges off the poverty spec ones. :D

I'd love to see an Enzo decked out in Fiat Tipo badges. That guy would be a legend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

If you're going to glue fake badges on your car at least put them on straight:rolleyes:

And its on the wrong side.

90% of the population won't know/couldn't care less/have no interest in what an 'RS4' is.

The 10% who do know won't be fooled.

Pointless exercise. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Sure if it's a Red "D" & a Red "I" aren't they as fast as an RS4 anyway;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Doesn't look half as bad as a "No fear" or Playboy bunny stickers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Tauren wrote: »

You know, that's a very very good point. I never thought of it that way before.

If someone is interested enough in cars to know what an RS4 is, then they will surely know what a TDi is as well. So who exactly are they trying to fool ?

One of the worst examples I've seen is a Mazda 626 that I often see parked on the street around work here.

It has an "M Power" badge on it...!!!!!

WTF...!!!!

craichoe wrote: »
    Doesn't look half as bad as a "No fear" or Playboy bunny stickers
    ....or "Serious Power" on a Micra! :rolleyes:

SeriousPower.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Personnally I would sooner have the real thing (RS4, M3, M5, etc.) with no badges on it at all. That way only those who really know their cars would know that it's special.

As for No Fear etc. stickers, usually if you see these on a car, the standard of driving is p!ss poor and the driver is not someone you want to be anywhere near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

....or "Serious Power" on a Micra! :rolleyes:

SeriousPower.jpg

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Serious power jap import granny car ... RARRR

Wonder if he has a "Johnny P and ME b*tch" sticker on the front window :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Serious Power!
    That's the funniest sticker ever! This contest is over, give that man the trophy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

I know I've posted this before, but I still think 1st place in the "You ain't fooling anyone" awards goes to this clown.

(he hopes his photo uploading works)

Just realised no photo attached at all. Oops:o

Advertisement