Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Somethin that annoys me...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

....or "Serious Power" on a Micra! :rolleyes:

SeriousPower.jpg

****ing hell thats the best laugh I've had this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

logik wrote: »
    Mate there is an RS4 kit for a car. It just means it has the RS4 kit is all.

I know where your coming from but i can forgive the A4 1.9TDI.

Eh, no there isnt. Seriously, its this type of ignorance that breeds putting the X badges on cars, its unforgivable. You're thinking of a Quattro "kit".
    Most of these ****ty little 1.9s are B6 A4s, there wasnt even a B6 RS4 made (only B5 and B7 gen), so there is nothing even OEM Plus or semi official about it.

Its sad and pathetic to badge a car as something its not, the joke is always going to be on the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Its sad and pathetic to badge a car as something its not, the joke is always going to be on the owner.

Unfortunately it's often the original manafacturer that's guilty of badging the car as something it's not, e.g. the Carisma:

bradyscavanCarGre932.jpg

Less charismatic than a Fiat Uno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Biro wrote: »
    There's an S-Line kit for Audis, and that is allowed to have an S-Line badge, not an RS4 or S4 badge, just the S-Line badge.

Then there's the M-tech kit for the Beemers, and they're allowed have the M badge, but not the M3 or M5 badge. That's all fine. But incorrect badging is just stupid.
    QUOTE]

My Sentiments EXACTLY Biro. Dont go puttin on an aftermarket M or S kit on a car, then slap on the badge for good measure. If it wasn't put on in the factory then dont bother put it on afterwards. If it didn't roll off the line decked out then dont do a DIY on it, that does not make it qualify for the grade.

The only other passable change to make concerning badging is to debadge altogether, those 1.9TDi badges look cook on the back of a car (way too much writing) so id forgive someone taking them off if it was for aesthetic reasons and not that he was trying to fool anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ohlordy

Tauren wrote: »
    had this conversation with my girlfriend a while back after seeing an RS4 badge alongside a 1.9tdi badge.

She said that most people wouldn't know you can't get an RS4 in 1.9tdi spec. I coutered that those people wouldn't care that it was an 'RS4' - the only people that would know what the RS4 badge means, and would mean something to them, would know it is not an RS4 - so what the hell is the point. She then agreed with me, which is rare.
    tossy wrote: »
    Ive no objection to a nice RS4 kit if you

A. leave the TDI badge in place and dont put anr RS4 badges on it.

or

B. Take all the badges of and be honest when soem one enquires about the engine!!

These two points sum up my thinking.
    Bodykits make cars stand out, look better etc. and help to impress the people who care, everyone else doesn't give a toss. But if you care enough to want one you are looking to be ridiculed by the people you are trying to impress if you make amateur mistakes, showing that you really know sweet f**k all about your car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I spotted an RS6 2.5 TDi earlier. :rolleyes:

Excuse my ignorance but do Audi/Audi dealers supply and fit the body kits and if they do why?

Surely it must annoy those who have the real thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Excuse my ignorance but do Audi/Audi dealers supply and fit the body kits and if they do why?

I take it as a compliment.
    A quick poke of the right big toe soon sorts out the real from the ersatz. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

....or "Serious Power" on a Micra! :rolleyes:

SeriousPower.jpg

Don't think I'll ever see anything funnier.. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ClioV6 wrote: »

The words 'shortage- please help me find a new car as I'm obviously a bit dim- Apply within' after being stolen off the rear windscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Victor_M wrote: »
    I know I've posted this before, but I still think 1st place in the "You ain't fooling anyone" awards goes to this clown.

(he hopes his photo uploading works)

Just realised no photo attached at all. Oops:o

What tosser would put an astra cabrio bodykit on a clk!? :D The thing is, if you glance at the photo for like under half a second and look away real quick you could almost, nearly, sort of be fooled... kind of, maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not sure about dealers fitting them in an aftermarket type of way, but you can get official Quattro kits (or "Votex" if you are VW minded). However these are not the same as the RS cars which have much wider arches, reformed side panels, different exhausts, brakes, headlights, seats, dash, steering etc as well as the obvious engine differences.

I had an S4 and yes, it annoyed me that friends and family asked did I consider a "diesel S4" as they see plenty of them around.

Things that dont exist that badge nobs dont know:

Any diesel S or RS
    B5 A4 body (1997 to 2000) RS4s in Saloon bodies (only Avants)
    B6 A4 body RS4s of any type
    RS6s with down pointed (ie not visible) exhausts
    Any RS8 ever
    Any RS3 (yet)
    Any TT "RS"
    Any S or RS with that Halfords/B&Q wire mesh crap on the front bumper
    Engines smaller than 2.7 in the B5 S/RS4 and 4.2 in everything else.

I guess what also annoys me is their lack of creativity, you could with a bit of know-how and research make a replica in every way but engine, but they just take the lame option of paying EUR8 for a badge on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wow those M3 diesels are getting popular! Spotted in Galway not so long ago:

25012008412.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OMG anyone who does that just deserves a slap... He is French though so what do you expect... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Someone had a great picture of an 'M7' a while back. Post it again if you're online - it'll give us another great laugh1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

ClioV6 wrote: »

One word comes to mind when looking at those pics. Losers.

Advertisement