Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me.......

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm beginning to wonder if that salary should be going to regi instead? :D

Thanks guys, much better now.
    Jaysus give me a chance to sit down will ya! My computer hasn't even arrived, I'm doing all this by shouting ones and zeroes at the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You have my sympathy Cult, I'd hate to work with 103,000 people looking over my shoulder.
    Keep up the good work, it's appreciated.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

CuLT wrote: »
    I'm doing all this by shouting ones and zeroes at the server.

You see there's your problem, you should be shouting zeroes and ones. How are you enjoying the job so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Remember Mr Dev likes his coffee strong...... and make sure your hands aren't cold for massage time! He doesn't like that (I found out the hard way :( Ow)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hagar wrote: »
    You have my sympathy Cult, I'd hate to work with 103,000 people looking over my shoulder.
    Keep up the good work, it's appreciated.
    Cheers, having the blame land on me every time a page times out is a little maddening considering I haven't actually done anything yet.

Incidentally this particular incident was a DoS attack, somewhat outside my remit at the moment, and of course it would happen the day after I actually start fixing things (the remember me box and logout button on the front page now work).
    Zaph wrote: »
    You see there's your problem, you should be shouting zeroes and ones. How are you enjoying the job so far?

Love it, absolutely bombarded with things to learn, never a dull moment :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Who DARES take down Boards? Let me handle the scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Jaysus give me a chance to sit down will ya! My computer hasn't even arrived, I'm doing all this by shouting ones and zeroes at the server.

You actually nearly killed me with that one....

/me pictures cult standing in a server room shouting... onezerooneoneonezerozerozerooneonezerozerooneoneoneone...... shit, should that be zeroonezero

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Originally Posted by CuLT viewpost.gif
    Incidentally this particular incident was a DoS attack, somewhat outside my remit at the moment, and of course it would happen the day after I actually start fixing things (the remember me box and logout button on the front page now work).
    DoS attack?! wtf, who would attack boards?!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

DoS attack?! wtf, who would attack boards?!!!
    hitler_fuhrer.jpg

:mad: Up to his old tricks again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

You see, this is the kind of thing that has gone on, unannounced and without fanfare, behind the scenes for a very long time.

Fair play, guys.

• Advertisement

we shall fight on the Internets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the WiFi, we shall defend our Boards, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the library computers, we shall fight in the internet cafes, we shall fight in work and at home, we shall fight in computer labs; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Board or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Members beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Various Net Communities, would carry on the struggle, until, in DeV's good time, the New Boards Messiah Baby, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

leonidas.jpgchurchill_main.jpgpriscilla-cat-grabbing-string-bc.jpg

ps damn cyber hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

nerin wrote: »
    we shall fight on the Internets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the WiFi, we shall defend our Boards, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the library computers, we shall fight in the internet cafes, we shall fight in work and at home, we shall fight in computer labs; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Board or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Members beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the Various Net Communities, would carry on the struggle, until, in DeV's good time, the New Boards Messiah Baby, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

nerin wrote: »
    we shall fight on the Internets, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the WiFi, we shall defend our Boards, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the library ...........[/IMG]

ps damn cyber hitler.

We are anonymous, we are legion..we..oh wait.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Cheers, having the blame land on me every time a page times out is a little maddening considering I haven't actually done anything yet.
    Don't worry 'bout it, we're all bored blaming Regi and 'Sok, so for the next while when Boards so much as flickers there will be a combined chorus of "CuLT!!!!" :p

99% of us will be grinning behind our kbs, and the other 1% wouldn't be satisfied if you showed up in person to hand them their morning coffee and their laptop, so ... :rolleyes:

Annnnddd ... in other news, nerin takes Post of the Day! :D

We are anonymous, we are legion..we..oh wait.. redface.gif

i always wondered why they never used churchill rip off as their main quote.
    its just sense.

Ruu: If by me life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword…
    Randy: …and you have my horn…
    Sully: …and my axe.
    Roundy: You carry the fate of us all little one.

lol...nerdy insomnia driven madness

Advertisement