Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History Help/Tips? Particularly DEB *wink-wink*

Options
  • 21-02-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Art History Help/Tips? Particularly DEB *wink-wink*
    I have the test tomorrow and I think someone mentioned about knowing Newgrange, Gothic V Romanesque architecture in churches and how a gallery building/layout helps the gallery as a whole? Is that right?
    Something more precise would be great :P:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Something more precise will get users banned. read the "read this or you will get banned" thread. Seriously, are yee all that sad you need to know the questions for exams that don't matter?

as said: topics discussion allowed, specific questions not.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mr Blah - its too late to help you now, but in answer to your question for when it really matters in June and you wont be getting any such 'tips': Pick 2 or 3 things from each section of the paper to study. For example; newgrange I find is almost a must have just because the material on it is fairly concise, making it easy to study. Another one I studied back in the day was the Bronze Celtic Jewelery. For the section 2 stuff I very much enjoy Impressionism for study but its all a matter of personal taste. The third section you cant particularly study for, as its all a matter of creativity vs. logical design.

And I got a B2 H and an A2 H ( the both times I sat it), in case you were curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

I only know three things for art history and that's Stone Crosses, Gothic and Romaseque and that Francis Bacon Exhibition

I'm truly screwed if that comes up in the leaving :P but like pick 2 things and 2 artists in each section and you should be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bacon eh? Never heard of it.

You also cant go wrong with one of the Ninja Turtle painters ;) I believe one comes up every year. Newgrange almost constantly comes up as well but given that I suggest study a third just in case they are feeling rather bastardised this year.

Advertisement